1.    #1  
    I reactivated my pixi due to destroying my I phone and having no upgrade on Verizon. I cannot get past the palm profile screen and the website does not exist anymore for help. How do I create a profile so I can use my phone. It will not let me do so from the phone. Is there a way to do it online?
    Unfortunately no, HP shutdown the servers forever on 17 April so the only way is to bypass activation.
    Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation
    Here's the link. Ignore the part about logging in because that's impossible at this point.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
    I'm having the same problem. I think it's all over for me. I'm so disappointed. I loved my Palm Pixi Plus. I have the last new one that I'm trying to get working and can't. It would've been my 8th one.

Would anyone be willing to get me up and running again? I cracked the screen on the old one today and the new one I can't get on because the palm sites are all down and I can't transfer my data from the old one to the new one.
    Went here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Looks like I need this:
    version 1.4.5.1 mynewpalm

And I got this:
    mynewpalm
    Profiles are obsolete. Put it in devmode, it should still be usable.

Bypass java tool for 1.x is in a link in this thread:
    Bypass-Activation download??? link broken

Make sure your java is current on the computer you install and run it on. Connect your phone via USB. Refer to the webosports site for instructions
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by nojobs View Post
    Went here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Looks like I need this:
    version 1.4.5.1 mynewpalm

And I got this:
    mynewpalm
    Over and Out…

Go here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...octor_Versions

See the other links on bypassing activation, then:
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    Thank you for the info.
    The issue I have is:
    The original with the cracked screen, I can get to the page to turn the dev mode on but I need to swipe the screen to turn it on. Is there a way to do it from the keyboard?

On the new one that I am stuck at the profile login, I followed the instructions to get to the dial screen, I can enter ## but I can't enter any letters. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojobs View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    The issue I have is:
    The original with the cracked screen, I can get to the page to turn the dev mode on but I need to swipe the screen to turn it on. Is there a way to do it from the keyboard?

On the new one that I am stuck at the profile login, I followed the instructions to get to the dial screen, I can enter ## but I can't enter any letters. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks again.
    That's a tough one! I was wondering if it is possible to 'tab' between fields so you could press enter on the dev mode switch. I know there is a way to type tab, but I'm not sure what it is or if this idea would even work. Is touch totally broken - no possibilty of a bit of fiddling to get that one-time swipe? Of course, with 2 pixi's there is the chance of a screen swap, but all surgery carries risks... and then you have to swap back... or do you? Have you just fixed your original phone?

Anyhow, I think there's a simple answer to the second part: When typing ##devmode## into the phone dialler, you're typing the letters on the keys, but it's numbers that come up, so you are actually typing ##3386633##. That is the code for devmode - just press enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    That's a tough one! I was wondering if it is possible to 'tab' between fields so you could press enter on the dev mode switch. I know there is a way to type tab, but I'm not sure what it is or if this idea would even work. Is touch totally broken - no possibilty of a bit of fiddling to get that one-time swipe? Of course, with 2 pixi's there is the chance of a screen swap, but all surgery carries risks... and then you have to swap back... or do you? Have you just fixed your original phone?

Anyhow, I think there's a simple answer to the second part: When typing ##devmode## into the phone dialler, you're typing the letters on the keys, but it's numbers that come up, so you are actually typing ##3386633##. That is the code for devmode - just press enter.
    Thanks for the reply.

The screen is rendered completely useless. Not even a chance to swipe.
    I really wish I could get this thing in Dev mode because I have years of contacts on it.
    I was thinking about swapping the screens for sure.

The new one is charging up and I'm going to try it out as soon as I can.

Thanks again. Any more suggestions or directions to go would be helpful..