1.    #1  
    So I am new to the WebOS and HP/Palm universe, being the owner of a Pixi Plus, and I am having trouble connecting it to the wifi.

When I go to turn the wifi on via the upper right menu, the progress wheel just spins next to the word "Wi-Fi" and the small indicator to the right says "OFF".

Accessing the WiFi through the Launcher, I can toggle the wifi "on", but the description below still indicates that it is off.

I have restarted the phone, I have done the wipe and restart option on the phone, neither worked.

The WebOS Doctor on my computer responded with an error during installation, so that method is out.

What am I missing here? I read briefly about the 6T's, is that any help? Can you think of any reason why the Pixi isn't able to see the networks?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate all of your suggestions!
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dovek916 View Post
    So I am new to the WebOS and HP/Palm universe, being the owner of a Pixi Plus, and I am having trouble connecting it to the wifi.

When I go to turn the wifi on via the upper right menu, the progress wheel just spins next to the word "Wi-Fi" and the small indicator to the right says "OFF".

Accessing the WiFi through the Launcher, I can toggle the wifi "on", but the description below still indicates that it is off.

I have restarted the phone, I have done the wipe and restart option on the phone, neither worked.

The WebOS Doctor on my computer responded with an error during installation, so that method is out.

What am I missing here? I read briefly about the 6T's, is that any help? Can you think of any reason why the Pixi isn't able to see the networks?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate all of your suggestions!
    After an extended conversation with the AT&T customer service rep –first one in the 10 years I've called that was both personable and knowledgable– we concluded that it was either a software glitch –something I cannot fix if I cannot get the WebOS doctor to work– or a physical disconnection between the phone and the wifi radio.

If it is either of those scenarios, the phone is no good to me, and I will send it back.

If you ladies and germs can think of alternatives, I am all ears. Otherwise, this sucker gets sent back to Florida where it came from!
    Quote Originally Posted by dovek916 View Post
    After an extended conversation with the AT&T customer service rep –first one in the 10 years I've called that was both personable and knowledgable– we concluded that it was either a software glitch –something I cannot fix if I cannot get the WebOS doctor to work– or a physical disconnection between the phone and the wifi radio.

If it is either of those scenarios, the phone is no good to me, and I will send it back.

If you ladies and germs can think of alternatives, I am all ears. Otherwise, this sucker gets sent back to Florida where it came from!
    Hi---my 2 cents worth---is that your phone definitely requires the doctor---but from my limited experience with it I am afraid I won't be too much help. I have used the webOS doctor twice only but have never had problems initiating or using it with the problems that you are describing. Again, I would definitely try the doc again. Good luck!
    Make sure the doctor is the correct one for your device.. in my case there have been times when the first and second attempt to doctor my device did not work. On the third one it did so give it another try.. google for possible solution to the specific error you get
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3