1.    #1  
    I just changed over to a new phone and forgot to retrieve me photos and videos off my Palm Pixi Plus. Now that it's not activated, it won't allow me to connect via USB to get them. Please tell me there is a way! I have video of my daughter learning to walk on there!
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany l View Post
    I just changed over to a new phone and forgot to retrieve me photos and videos off my Palm Pixi Plus. Now that it's not activated, it won't allow me to connect via USB to get them. Please tell me there is a way! I have video of my daughter learning to walk on there!
    Depending on the version of webOS 1.4.5.x one can use the devicetool.jar to put the device in devmode, if webOS 2.1.0 one can boot the device click emergency call then, erase 911 and put in ##devmode# to invoke devmode? Then once in you can the mount the USB as normal?

Otherwise you can always use the novacom boot the uImage and then use the SDK's novaexplorer to extract anything from the device?
  3.    #3  
    I solved it by doing an ESN switch back to restore the files. You can delete the thread.
    Glad you solved your problem, bethany. We like to keep the threads in the forum. If you had the problem, chances are someone else has had it or will have it.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Interesting. I have the same problem on my Pre 2 that I've been using as a media/podcast player for the past few months since it's deactivation. I just didn't realize that deactivation was the problem. For me the workaround is to use the "WiFi File Sharing" app in Preware. The Pre 2 shows up as another network device that I can drag and drop files and folders to. I had assumed this was a win 7 file explorer problem because WOSQI worked fine. Thanks for the info.

***EDIT*** My decommissioned Pre 2 connects as a usb drive on my win 8 laptop just fine. So, I guess my win 7 box has some other issue with the Pre 2
    Last edited by namgod; 12/27/2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: new info
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge