Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Hello,

I'm a WebOS Newbie so this may be a standard issue thing but I haven't figured it out yet. I activated my second Pixi today on Page Plus. instructions were a bit off but I ended up getting it activated. I setup a new Palm Profile as I found out I need 1 profile per device. So I setup the profile and all goes well. I even get a verification E-mail this time! All is well. So I go to download the WebOS piece of Missing Sync so I can get my Contacts and Calendar on the phone. I go into the App Catalog and it says I am not Logged in and I must Reboot. There were 2 options Reboot or Wipe Phone. I chose to reboot. It hung on the reboot so I pulled the battery a half a dozen times. I would get a Sky Background and nothing else. So I put the phone away for a couple of hours and tried again and it booted. But not matter what App I try to Install from the App Catalog I get Install Failed and no indication as to why. I can go to my Unlocked Pixi and choose the same app and it installs fine so it is not the App Catalog not having the Apps. It will fully download but at time of installing it fails. I have tried the following so far:

1: Attached the Pixi to a Windows PC as a USB drive and cleared the Download Folder.
    2: Did a Full Erase of the phone (3 times)
    3: Went to my Palm Account and selected Manage My Device and selected Remove from my Account the Pixi. Then did a Full Erased of the phone.

Everytime I get back to logging in with my Palm Profile after an Erase it States immediately that I have 4 failed app installs.

How do I fix the issue?

Only solution I can think of is to remove my Device from my Account. Full Erase the phone and create a New Palm Profile. Gets tedious constantly wiping the device and changing E-mail addresses everytime the phone burps.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    After log in into your profile you need to change the time before 21.July. Afterwards you need to install the AppCat Update from App Catalog. Then you have to change the time back to net time / current time.
    After this you should have access to all apps
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Where do I log into my profile? Only place I have seen so far is after I wipe the phone and during Backup. App Catalog has never asked me yet.
    The App Catalog won't ask you. The only time you log in to your profile is when first setting up the device (aside from using Impostah, but that is not normally needed). It sounds like you initially logged in with the same profile on two devices, although there have been quite a few posts in the past where people were suddenly logged out of their profile for some unknown reason - though usually not soon after setting up the phone. As Gwidion said, after first logging in, you have to download the app catalog update, which is really updating the new root certificates to replace the expired one that is on the device. After that, if all goes as it should, you will be able to download apps from the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    OK let me get the steps straight as one part doesn't make sense to me.

1: Fully Erase the phone.
    2: Log in to the phone.
    3: Set the date back to 07-01-13. I think this is in the Info App. Question here is that I have to be connected to Verizon to hit the App Catalog. By being connected to Verizon this will automatically set the date and time to current. How do I get the date to be older???
    4: Update the App Catalog.
    5: Reboot the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by fmhcom View Post
    OK let me get the steps straight as one part doesn't make sense to me.

1: Fully Erase the phone.
    2: Log in to the phone.
    3: Set the date back to 07-01-13. I think this is in the Info App. Question here is that I have to be connected to Verizon to hit the App Catalog. By being connected to Verizon this will automatically set the date and time to current. How do I get the date to be older???
    4: Update the App Catalog.
    5: Reboot the phone.
    I don't really think you need to erase the phone again, but you may if you wish. For the update: in the date/time settings, you can disable network time, then set the date manually. Here is a link to a post with the official instructions from HP: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3397558
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    That did the trick.

Thank You.
    Glad to hear it. You're welcome.