1.    #1  
    so I just moved, was going through boxes, and found all my old phones from several years ago that have been in storage for forever.

Thought it would be fun to activate my old pixi, and when I tried (I had cleared it before packing it up) it told me I couldn't progress because there was a software update needed. So I told it to download, and install. which it did, but it said there was an error. and it won't load, just kept going back to the screen saying it needs a software update, but now it won't even start the download process, it just hangs.

so I whipped out my computer installed the correct webOS doctor, and started that process, and it gets to 82%, and just hangs. at this point, it has been there for about 3 hours. I walked away to deal with family and dinner, and it came back to exactly where I left it. I've used the webOS doctor on my touchpad a few times, so I'm no stranger to it. I haven't had it hang like this before though... any thoughts on what I can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    so I just moved, was going through boxes, and found all my old phones from several years ago that have been in storage for forever.

Thought it would be fun to activate my old pixi, and when I tried (I had cleared it before packing it up) it told me I couldn't progress because there was a software update needed. So I told it to download, and install. which it did, but it said there was an error. and it won't load, just kept going back to the screen saying it needs a software update, but now it won't even start the download process, it just hangs.

so I whipped out my computer installed the correct webOS doctor, and started that process, and it gets to 82%, and just hangs. at this point, it has been there for about 3 hours. I walked away to deal with family and dinner, and it came back to exactly where I left it. I've used the webOS doctor on my touchpad a few times, so I'm no stranger to it. I haven't had it hang like this before though... any thoughts on what I can do?
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

From the above URL around 82% is when it attempts to verify your ROM, then it flashes the digitizer and A6 device (only in Veer/Pre3/Touchpad, but the logic is still there). You could be having an issue with the digitizer not wanting to flash...

The best way is to run the doctor via a command line and pipe it to a log or increase the buffer window so it captures the entire output during doctoring...

java -jar (the name of the doctor file).jar