Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By harlleysathler
  • 1 Post By trwrt
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

My first post, my first Pixi!

I'm a completely noob in WebOS. I just bought a 2nd hand Pixi Plus to play with the system.

Despite all the comments about the slow performance of the phone, I'm loving it. Except for the ugly, horrible Jeep Theme it came with.

The phone is an AT&T one. I did it a Full Erase, but the theme appears to be made with the system.

I tried to follow instructions like this thread but neither WebOS Quick Install nor Preware is installed. In fact I received the phone completely erased by the first owner.

Can, please, anyone points me to a procedure to remove this horrible thing from my phone? I just want the default WebOS appearance.

Thank you all!
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    If you doctor it (reinstall the OS) that should take care of it.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Alan Morford likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Hi! Thanks!

Just did it and get rid of that ugly thing! The startup screen, a front of a classic jeep blinking it's headlights was gorgeous, but all the rest wasn't!

Thank you for your kind repply!

Just another noob question: I see the topic about install WebOS 2.1 on Pixi Plus. Is it worth?
    Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    There's nothing ugly about Jeeps
    Quote Originally Posted by harlleysathler View Post
    Hi! Thanks!

Just did it and get rid of that ugly thing! The startup screen, a front of a classic jeep blinking it's headlights was gorgeous, but all the rest wasn't!

Thank you for your kind repply!

Just another noob question: I see the topic about install WebOS 2.1 on Pixi Plus. Is it worth?
    Everything I've read about 2.1 on a Pixi Plus says NO it's not worth it. 1.4.5.1 with Uberkernel and Govnah will get you the best performance you could imagine. Adding 2.1 on top of that setup? Well, actually you can't. I don't think unixpsycho ever released the kernel for the Pixi Plus for 2.1 since it's just a proof test anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    "Jeeps are for people who couldn't find their local Land Rover Dealers," Jeremy Clarkson (not that I find anything wrong with Jeeps though :P)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Yeah! Nothing about Jeeps is ugly! I used to love jeeps! Except that theme! The icons were terrible! An old landline phone as the dialer icon, a piece of very old paper (or papyro) as the tasks icon.

If can I preserved the bootscreen, but all other was very, very, very ugly! :-P
    Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron431 View Post
    "Jeeps are for people who couldn't find their local Land Rover Dealers," Jeremy Clarkson (not that I find anything wrong with Jeeps though :P)
    Land Rovers are expensive