Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By giffgaffattack
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    I'm aware of the 2 codes we can enter to enable developer mode, but if there is no access to type that in, is there no other way to enter dev mode? can I press a combination of buttons, or use a third party software to enter dev mode without deleting any of my data? help.

What I actually need is access to the system files of the phone. So if there's a third party software that would allow such access via a computer to edit/move/rename system files without dev mode enabled that would do as well. help. again.
    You can boot to the installer ramdisk and insert the flag for developer mode by mounting store-var LVM volume.

Why can't you use the codes?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You can boot to the installer ramdisk and insert the flag for developer mode by mounting store-var LVM volume.

Why can't you use the codes?
    I recently found this phone in the bottom of my drawer and I can't remember the pin at all. How exactly would I go about doing what you suggested? Layman's terms if you could.
    What phone is it? If it was never updated to webOS 2.0 (or beyond) you could put your device into recovery mode and then run http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar which will enable developer mode to bypass activation. If you are on a phone that is 2.0+ you can safely doctor your phone and not touch the USB partition which is where all of your pictures, video, downloads, etc get stored. Doctoring resets your system to stock and doesn't mess with the USB partition on 2.0+ but it will completely wipe your device if you are doctoring to anything less than 2.0. So if you're on 2.0+ you can doctor and then use this Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation to login and then simply enable USB mode.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    What phone is it? If it was never updated to webOS 2.0 (or beyond) you could put your device into recovery mode and then run http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar which will enable developer mode to bypass activation.
    This did the job, Thanks a million.
    Last edited by giffgaffattack; 10/03/2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: trial and success.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Happy to help.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.