I have a Pixi Plus that is no longer in use (Verizon version) and i wanted to use it, but not as a phone (for now). I can't get past the profile screen and i tried to get it into usb/recovery mode but even though i get the usb symbol on the screen, none of my computers will see it at all. So i can't use the devicetool or anything else that i tried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (it does charge through the usb cable just fine)
    Quote Originally Posted by dp93 View Post
    I have a Pixi Plus that is no longer in use (Verizon version) and i wanted to use it, but not as a phone (for now). I can't get past the profile screen and i tried to get it into usb/recovery mode but even though i get the usb symbol on the screen, none of my computers will see it at all. So i can't use the devicetool or anything else that i tried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (it does charge through the usb cable just fine)
    If the device is powered off, then powered on and volume up is hit and you see a USB mode, but you can not use the devicetool (even though the novacom drivers are installed), then it might be possible that your phone's USB is stuck in a USB diagnostic mode, if it is the only way I know how to fix it is to use the USB passthru patch to bypass the USB key code and to turn off the USB diagnostics mode.

Unless you are able to boot via the uImage correctly (Doctor or Devicetool), I am not sure even using Verizon (enabled on an account), would allow you to finish setting up the phone's image?
    It sounds like a driver issue. I'd grab the universal novacominstaller 1.3 jar file (google it), install it, and then try recovery mode again. Devicetool should work at that point.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE