Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have been liking my Pixi Plus, although it is a bit sluggish and there are some serious ugly patches in the OS, it is quite fun to use. Anyway, after a week, the micro-usb charger flap is already not flush with the rest of the back piece...from the plastic being bent when the phone is charging. What I'm wondering is, are the touchstone chargers less prone to this? Are there other backs (non touchstone) that are available that don't have this pathetic problem?

Also, can the Palm Pixi Plus keep up with a 3D game like Need For Speed, or is it too sluggish to use that way? (Or were games like that not even designed to run on the Pixi?).

Thanks!

Will
    Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    What I'm wondering is, are the touchstone chargers less prone to this?
    The touchstone charger doesn't need to use the Pixi's USB port so unless you're plugging your device into a computer you'll never have a reason to open the flap at all when using the touchstone.
    Remy X likes this.
    Not all apps were compiled to run on the Pixi, but if the App Catalog says it should then I'd be inclined to think so.

Performance-wise, I've never played any game like this, so I wouldn't know...
    The more I think about it I'd bet with Uberkernel installed and Govnah set at 700+mHz it would be ok. I just don't think of the Pixi+ as a gaming device. Why not grab a Pre Plus or a Pre 2 for less than $40 on ebay? Don't get me wrong, the Pixi+ is a pretty cool little phone but if you want to game on it...not so much.
    Remy X likes this.
    when you charge Pixi via touchstone there is no need to open usb door, but if you want to transfer files between pc and Pixi you will need to use usb connector. So, touchstone will prolong life of back cover but it will eventually deform after some time.
    You can order new back covers for Pixi from amazon for really small amount.
    I never installed any game on my Pixi so I couldn't comment about game performance, but if I remember correctly, PDK games worked ok on Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    when you charge Pixi via touchstone there is no need to open usb door, but if you want to transfer files between pc and Pixi you will need to use usb connector. So, touchstone will prolong life of back cover but it will eventually deform after some time.
    You can order new back covers for Pixi from amazon for really small amount.
    I never installed any game on my Pixi so I couldn't comment about game performance, but if I remember correctly, PDK games worked ok on Pixi.
    $4

But if he really cares about not opening the USB port cover, he can always set up SSH and use WinSCP to transfer files to the USB partition over WiFi, then find that file on the phone using Internalz

Not handling the phone with greasy hands will prolong the life of the rubber, though it will eventually peel off anyway. Covering it with a stick-on "skin" is the only really "foolproof" way to protect it.

For the record, i don't own a Pixi, but the rubber "rings" around my Palm earbuds came off the same way : /