Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I must be missing something. I have a Palm Pixi Plus I was given. I think it is sim unlocked but when I turn it on it asks me for my username and password used to create my profile. Well I don't have a profile and don't have this info. But I can't seem to get the darned thing to do a full factory reset.

How do I factory reset the device so that I can start from scratch?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
    I must be missing something. I have a Palm Pixi Plus I was given. I think it is sim unlocked but when I turn it on it asks me for my username and password used to create my profile. Well I don't have a profile and don't have this info. But I can't seem to get the darned thing to do a full factory reset.

How do I factory reset the device so that I can start from scratch?
    it should be giving you the option to login to existing profile, or create a new one.

to create a new one, just put in an email and password, then confirm the address by replying to the email you receive.

if THAT doesn't work, go to webosinternals and download/run the Dr. for your Pixi model/carrier

- you DO have a new SIM in there, right? if not, and top left says SOS-SIM, but you want to use the phone as a wifi only device, you'll need to do a search "bypass first activation" for the instructions to do that. You'll need to use the Bypass Tool, and put it in Dev Mode.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/11/2013 at 01:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    it should be giving you the option to login to existing profile, or create a new one.
    Definately doesn't give me the option to create a new one. A SIM card is in there and it shows the network (so I presume it is not SIM locked).

I will try flashing a new image... But is there no easier way to factory reset it?
    Be sure your SIM card has a data plan on it. If not the go the bypass activation steps since you will work with wifi only to connect to the internet
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
    Definately doesn't give me the option to create a new one. A SIM card is in there and it shows the network (so I presume it is not SIM locked).

I will try flashing a new image... But is there no easier way to factory reset it?
    well, if you can get to the dialpad you can dial #*helphelp# and send, to bring up the Device Info page, select reset options, and select erase apps and data.

but are you powering the phone on WITH OR WITHOUT an ACTIVE SIM in it?
    - if it's inactive, you still will not be able to log into or create a palm profile. profiles are accessed through carrier data service, not wifi.
    - with an INACTIVE SIM in it, you will see the carrier and service indicators, but you technically don't have data service until you fork over some $$ and activate it, so again you will not be able to login or create a profile. i just tested this myself about an hour ago with a new GSM Pre2 I picked up. Put in an old T-Mo Sim and saw T-Mo, full bars, and 3G light up, but I could not just log into an existing profile because the sim isn't active until i add more money.

SO i just went into devmode and was able to do wifi web browsing as Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

- if you only want to use it as wifi mini-tablet, touch the phone icon to select the "emergency call" option, and when the phone dial pad opens, backspace-to-delete the "911" and dial #*devmode# then send, and the card will come up to allow you to activate devmode. the phone will reboot without asking for a profile because the "doctor skipped first use" profile will be listed in the accounts app. But you'll still have no carrier data service so you can't access profiles, app cat, & some other phone service items, but you can sync to google since that's valid over wifi.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    You only need a data plan to activate/create your Profile. So you can borrow a Good friends data plan SIM for 15 minutes, activate/create profile, then go back to non data plan SIM, but the SIM does need to be active with a carrier.