Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My dad bought me a Palm Pixi Plus exactly one year ago in the U.S.A.
    I live in ALBANIA, and that's where I activated my phone. Anyways, when I open the app catalog on my pixi plus it only displays 504 applications. How is that possible? Doesn't the "palm app catalog" have around 5000 applications? Does this have to do with the country I live in? Please help me solve this problem
    It does indeed have to do with the country in which you activated the phone...

I'm not sure why it was thought to be a good idea. The HP App catalog is not the same everywhere. It's called Georestrictions. Basically the fullest App Catalog is in the US/Canada/parts of Europe (sorry, everyone else... I don't support this type of apartheid - blame HP).

Check out this App from GMMan: App Catalog Country Changer [PC] or search up Impostah and App Catalog Switching for workarounds.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot "RumoredNow", but the software you suggested is a bit complicated to run (for me). Anyways, I would like to know sth about the palm app catalog. How many apps are there in the US? How many of them do you have to pay for and how many are free. Are the 3-D car racing games generally available for free or not? If anyone finds out please let me know. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    @erlil, there is also a way to do an online search for webOS apps, where you can see what is available in the catalogue based on search keywords.

Here's the article:
    App Catalog finally gets dedicated online search thanks to dedicated user | webOS Nation