Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By nrthwds
  • 1 Post By nrthwds
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Palm Black 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with Wi-Fi / GPS / Full QWERTY Keyboard (Pixi Plus)

+ $10 off w/ promo code EMCXSWW36, ends 4/17
    HelloNNNewman and qbenguy like this.
    Shows it as $64.99 right now:

Palm Black 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with Wi-Fi / GPS / Full QWERTY Keyboard (Pixi Plus) - Newegg.com

Thanks for posting though! I may grab one for the gf to throw on StraightTalk services.

BTW... you can also find them (unlocked) on Amazon for $54.99 with free shipping
    http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Pixi-Plus...bosnation0e-20
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/15/2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Shows it as $64.99 right now:

Palm Black 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with Wi-Fi / GPS / Full QWERTY Keyboard (Pixi Plus) - Newegg.com

Thanks for posting though! I may grab one for the gf to throw on StraightTalk services.

BTW... you can also find them (unlocked) on Amazon for $54.99 with free shipping
    Amazon.com: Palm Pixi Plus GSM with WebOS, Touch Screen, 2 MP Camera and Wi-Fi - Unlocked Phone - US Warranty - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    It shows 64.99, use the $10 off coupon I sent with the info to get for $54.99
    $10 off w/ promo code EMCXSWW36, ends 4/17.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    Hard to find st sim cards for At&t, no longer available. Net10 has them for $9.99

Shipping free from Newegg also.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    Gotcha... your wording in the OP made is look like it was that price + the coupon discount.

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks nrthwds !

From a current original Pre owner this deal sounds very interesting. Although I'd prefer a Pre3. I'm just wondering how does my Pre compare to the Pixi Plus. Any feedback?
    Last edited by qbenguy; 04/15/2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbenguy View Post
    Thanks nrthwds from a current original Pre owner!

This deal sounds very interesting. Although I'd prefer a Pre3. I'm just wondering how does my Pre compare to the Pixi Plus. Any feedback?
    Your Pre is better. Pixi Plus actually has a processor a generation behind the Pre. They call it "Plus" because the standard Pixi is stripped of Wi-Fi by Sprint.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    qbenguy likes this.
    Yeah... I just like the design for the gf. She only uses it for talk/text, so the processor speed isn't that big of a deal. It's really a nice phone for that basic stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah... I just like the design for the gf. She only uses it for talk/text, so the processor speed isn't that big of a deal. It's really a nice phone for that basic stuff
    Not just about the speed. The architecture is older. Precisely the reason that Flash cannot run on it. And tell it to those Pixi owners trying to get WhatsApp working...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    LOL Yep, I completely understand your points... mine point is the form factor and basics meet my gf's needs. I hate Flash and she only needs one for texting and calls.