1.    #1  
    So i got preware in and i downloaded that kernel UBERkernel for pixi+ but nothing happen when i click the app it just shows me info. Can i remove it? or i need to install the recovery kernel original?

I dont think it install anything im not sure im scared. Also how do i get the LED working? I try download the server thing but its not available.

Also palm pixi + are sold in bestbuy for $69 unlock free shipping.

Another thing do you think i should update to 2.0?

I hear makes the phone slow idk maybe im wrong. Is it hard?

I did hear Palm phone= bad battery but this phone lasted almost more then my android never gonna buy from asian manufactures anymore they skimp on battery aka samsung. Next phone blackberry,Iphone,Nokia,alcatel or gonna stay with palm until they run out.

Also im on a $35 unlimited plan with go smart mobile and i confirm Palm pixi plus unlock works great.

Thank you for all and PALM FOREVER <3
    Last edited by iwantnatural; 03/18/2013 at 06:43 PM.
    The Pixi has a great battery. You can go 2 days without charging.
    Hi there,

You have to install Govnah in order to do the overclocking. Do not bet scared... just try one thing at a time. You have already installed uberkernel, now try Govnah so you can go to 800 mhz. Just one comment, if you use the youtube app while overclocked to 800 mhz, sometimes the audio will not be synced with the video... go back to 600mhz and reboot to solve that.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    Hi there,

You have to install Govnah in order to do the overclocking. Do not bet scared... just try one thing at a time. You have already installed uberkernel, now try Govnah so you can go to 800 mhz. Just one comment, if you use the youtube app while overclocked to 800 mhz, sometimes the audio will not be synced with the video... go back to 600mhz and reboot to solve that.
    Yea i install it but nothing change. If i remove will my phone die?

Thank you <3
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Yea it does its AMAZING.
    Have you tried a reboot since installing UberKernel and Govnah?

At any rate you should be able to install your Recovery Kernel and not damage your phone.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantnatural View Post
    Yea it does its AMAZING.
    i have to say you made a nice choice when purchasing the palm pixi, for me it was decent phone that made me fall in love for webos with its perfect candybar design and its clicky qwerty keyboard. One thing that Palm messed up was putting a slow processor and small memory RAM causing problems with the performance of the device which many in the media criticized and im sure it cost Palm a few points in the end.

*** And it comes to battery life try using a battery pack from the company Mugen 1,400 mAh , that battery will make your device longer tha original stock battery. ***
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 03/16/2013 at 08:40 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Have you tried a reboot since installing UberKernel and Govnah?

At any rate you should be able to install your Recovery Kernel and not damage your phone.
    It did reboot on its own when i download from the Preware. I dont know if is install or not it does not let me choose kernels and such. In android VOLT app you can choose many types of kernels. This one when i click the app it only shows me information. Im scared i might damage my phone if i remove it before installing recovery. Im also scared if it did not install and i install recovery it will also damage since i had stock all along.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    i have to say you made a nice choice when purchasing the palm pixi, for me it was decent phone that made me fall in love for webos with its perfect candybar design and its clicky qwerty keyboard. One thing that Palm messed up was putting a slow processor and small memory RAM causing problems with the performance of the device which many in the media criticized and im sure it cost Palm a few points in the end.

*** And it comes to battery life try using a battery pack from the company Mugen 1,400 mAh , that battery will make your device longer tha original stock battery. ***
    Neat mugen is a palm company? Dont want my battery to explode from china

Also i did download this patch were it increase my ram memory by 1 MB. Dont know if that helps.
  10.    #10  
    Also my other problem is Google voice. I dont know how to work that app its does not work that good. Unless there another app for google voice in the preware. Thank you.
    It did reboot on its own when i download from the Preware. I dont know if is install or not it does not let me choose kernels and such. In android VOLT app you can choose many types of kernels. This one when i click the app it only shows me information. Im scared i might damage my phone if i remove it before installing recovery. Im also scared if it did not install and i install recovery it will also damage since i had stock all along.
    Open Govnah > tap Profile > tap Advanced Settings > tap CPU Frequency

Now you can choose your Governor and many other settings can be tweaked. Also, in the upper right corner of that page look for the Blue Circle with a ? symbol in it. If you tap that symbol all the categories change to blue and by tapping them you get the description/help dialog about that category. Tap the ? symbol again to get back to toggling settings...

Installing the Recovery Kernel should not damage anything. It simply rewrites all kernel files to stock. UberKernel -> Stock or Stock -> Stock should not harm anything.

Neat mugen is a palm company? Dont want my battery to explode from china

Also i did download this patch were it increase my ram memory by 1 MB. Dont know if that helps.
    Mugen batteries are very good, IMHO. Quality and a great warranty. They are a first rate company, IMHO.

Also my other problem is Google voice. I dont know how to work that app its does not work that good. Unless there another app for google voice in the preware. Thank you.
    Sorry, I don't really know anything about GVoice.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Open Govnah > tap Profile > tap Advanced Settings > tap CPU Frequency

Now you can choose your Governor and many other settings can be tweaked. Also, in the upper right corner of that page look for the Blue Circle with a ? symbol in it. If you tap that symbol all the categories change to blue and by tapping them you get the description/help dialog about that category. Tap the ? symbol again to get back to toggling settings...

Installing the Recovery Kernel should not damage anything. It simply rewrites all kernel files to stock. UberKernel -> Stock or Stock -> Stock should not harm anything.

Mugen batteries are very good, IMHO. Quality and a great warranty. They are a first rate company, IMHO.

Sorry, I don't really know anything about GVoice.
    Thanks all i was missing was the Govnah app. I did not know it was separated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    PFFT. Away with you, 'just a phone' person.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Shadowflank; 03/20/2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    When I was using my Pre+, I setup a bookmark for Google Voice's site. That gave me the option to call people from my phone line. The other step required a computer or other device that could access the Google Voice desktop site. I forwarded all of my text messages to my AT&T line. For voicemails, I had them all sent to my email and the file could be open easily by the phone.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'd like to have one of those Mugen batteries but I don't know how you can justify the price compared to $3.xx for the stock Palm battery on Amazon.