webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Just bought an unlocked Palm Pixi Plus
Just bought an unlocked Palm Pixi Plus

Old 02/01/2013, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was a veteran Treo user way back before the iPhone and even up until the iPhone 3GS. I was a huge Palm fan and followed the WebOS updates like crazy.

I bought an iPhone in 2009 and another one in 2011. I'm currently an iPhone user. I expect to stay an iPhone user. However, I've always lusted after a Palm Pixi. So I finally decided to just grab one brand new for very cheap, unlocked. I got mine for $59 off contract.

Should be here next week. I can't wait!
musikaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musika View Post
I was a veteran Treo user way back before the iPhone and even up until the iPhone 3GS. I was a huge Palm fan and followed the WebOS updates like crazy.

I bought an iPhone in 2009 and another one in 2011. I'm currently an iPhone user. I expect to stay an iPhone user. However, I've always lusted after a Palm Pixi. So I finally decided to just grab one brand new for very cheap, unlocked. I got mine for $59 off contract.

Should be here next week. I can't wait!
Well, that's amusing, considering I just did the same.

My old Pre is deactivated now, and half-trashed (got loaned to a friend's niece), and I've moved on to an unlocked Galaxy Nexus on prepaid T-Mobile, but I still wanted to have a Pixi Plus (I had one, briefly, before loaning it to someone else, who later accidentailly destroyed it - I gotta stop loaning people phones). Overall, I found the form factor to be more solid and reliable than the Pre, so I figured it would work well as a backup phone.
SirThoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

I still utilize a VZW Pixi Plus.
IMO, the keyboard is second to none.

If it were a bit faster and able to run stacks (I know there is a meta-doctor, but seems unstable) it would be a pretty dang good little phone!
jccjmml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bleh. Got my unlocked GSM Pixi Plus delivery from Amazon today...and it's a Verizon Pixi Plus. Contacted Amazon, waiting for a reply, but this is mildly annoying. I'd rather be able to use my current SIM rather than activating on, say, Page Plus.
SirThoreth is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0