webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Completely dead palm pixi - recover data
Completely dead palm pixi - recover data

Old 01/22/2013, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Palm pixi quit working on me about 2 years ago. I got a new phone, and said screw it.
- I tried plugging it in, and leaving it on the wall charger for DAYS and it never turned back on.
- I tried it in the car, for an hour at a time, no charge. I tried different batteries that I KNEW to be charged, because they worked on my ex's pixi, and it wouldn't turn on.

Also, I now find that my Pixi's battery is missing.

All I want to do is get the pictures and music off of this phone so I can recycle it, for whatever purpose they recycle phones.

Is there anyway to get the data off of this dead phone? If I have to buy a battery I will, but I would like to avoid that expense seeings how the phone wont turn on even if the battery is fully charged.
I know how to take phones apart, etc. So if i have to take it apart, pull out the memory or whatever, let me know.
I would just really like to have my info off of this phone before sending it off.
(Esp pictures. There are a lot of fond memories on this phone, and there might be some pictures I've received that are.. well, questionable. We're all guilty of it, so don't ridicule me about that little snippet)

If anyone has any idea, please let me know. I can not send this phone back to AT&T because it is waaaaaay out of warranty. And I don't want to take it to the store because lord knows I don't need people finding something on my phone I wouldn't want anyone else to see. I'm desperate here. I know that there are tons of pictures of my little cousins and family on this phone, and music that I don't have to balls to pirate anymore because of the whole LimeWire fiasco.
BajaBreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't think you can boot the phone unless you have a battery in.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I don't think you can boot the phone unless you have a battery in.
And If I purchase a battery, what would I do?

I kinda already took the phone apart. I can put it back together if necessary, but I'm about to be done with this.
Old 01/22/2013, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Now, just wondering, how would you read off the flash memory even if you took the phone apart? Do you have equipment to read it?

I don't know how much you have taken the phone apart. I would say put it back together and insert a new battery. After that you can Doctor it, bypass activation, then pull your stuff off.

What's the hate with the phone? Because it won't turn on?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Now, just wondering, how would you read off the flash memory even if you took the phone apart? Do you have equipment to read it?

I don't know how much you have taken the phone apart. I would say put it back together and insert a new battery. After that you can Doctor it, bypass activation, then pull your stuff off.

What's the hate with the phone? Because it won't turn on?

I do have the equipment. I just didn't want to do it that way.
I did some more digging in that box. Turns out, I have my ex's Palm Pixi, and I am going to switch a couple of things around. Probably switch the screens first to make sure I dont have a dead screen or something stupid like that. Try a few simpler fixes, since I have the extra phone. If not, I'll put it all back together nice and neat, and ship it off.
Old 01/22/2013, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

And the hate with the phone, is yes, it won't turn on, and the Palm part of ATT did nothing about it. They wouldn't switch it out, wouldn't troubleshoot, nothing. So I called Palm themselves, and they said they couldn't help me, and told me to simply buy a new one. The only Palm Phone I have had work over 3 months is my Centro. I still have that phone, and it's almost 5 years old. Only problem is the earpiece speaker is a little blown. Other than that, it will be my electric blue brick forever

Tags
dead palm pixi, palm pixi dead, pixi completely dead

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0