webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Phone App disappearing
Phone App disappearing

Old 01/04/2013, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Recently, whenever I make a call and after dialing the number, the screen suddenly becomes dark, however I can still speak on the phone. The issue is that the phone now does not give me the opportunity to hang up and after the other person hangs up, I have to keep pressing the power button many times and maybe after 5-10 minutes I get back the phone app screen.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Fixes?
meneedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

fellow pixi users may help more if you give them a bit more info about yours, what patches/homebrew etc? any new kernel like uberkernel, custom govnah settings if any?

the more info you dish the better chance of ppl flocking to answer
Old 01/04/2013, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
fellow pixi users may help more if you give them a bit more info about yours, what patches/homebrew etc? any new kernel like uberkernel, custom govnah settings if any?

the more info you dish the better chance of ppl flocking to answer
thanks..

I am running 1.4.5 .. GSM version.
No homebrew or anything of that nature. Haven't installed anything in the last 6 months or so and before that the phone app was working fine. this problem just occurred out of the blue.

Note that since the screen is blank/dark, I basically have to reset/reboot since I can't access anything on the screen.

Last edited by meneedo; 01/04/2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01/04/2013, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like you're having issues with the proximity sensor. Have you taken off the OEM screen film?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Sounds like you're having issues with the proximity sensor. Have you taken off the OEM screen film?
Great call. I still had the screen film and recently it was beginning to lose its adhesiveness to the phone.
I took it off and now it works.

Thanks again for the assistance

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0