webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Get original 1st activation Profile back on Pixi
Get original 1st activation Profile back on Pixi

Old 12/27/2012, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I messed up my palm profile information with Impostah and now my Pixi Plus can't access the Palm profile, but I can access the profile from the HP WebOS website on my computer. Impostah can't even access my profile because it says the token expired. In Impostah, Palm Profile, it shows accountState B (used to be A) and the original token.

How can I get back to my original profile info on my phone? Will WebOS Doctor help? I can't access Palm apps. If I reset my phone, will it affect my Page Plus service? I only activated it about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by hheveran; 12/27/2012 at 11:48 AM.
hheveran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

You should be able to simply log in with your previous account credentials within Impostah. The login system uses your device ID and tokens, which is independent of your account alias (email) and authentication token.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You should be able to simply log in with your previous account credentials within Impostah. The login system uses your device ID and tokens, which is independent of your account alias (email) and authentication token.
Thanks, I did that. I think I ended up changing the auth. token somehow. In Impostah, I went to auth, then "login to profile", entered profile password, then a popup said "Are you sure? This will replace any current Palm Profile on your device, which may have an unknown impact on your apps and data in your Palm Profile.

I went a head and tapped "Login to Profile", then it said "Run First Use App" You must now login using the First Use application. That seems to have set a new token.

Any idea how to get back to where I was before I dowloaded Impostah? Or do I have to run WebOS Doctor and start from scratch? Will that mess up my phone with Page Plus? Thanks a lot for your patience and help. Your change country app looks great. Not sure why it didn't work for me. I had double and triple-checked my unique id and auth. token entries but still couldn't change the country code. It does say AT (Austria?) on the phone.
Old 12/27/2012, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Don't worry about the wireless carrier's account, that is completely separate...

The Palm Profile is used to back-up your contacts, calendar and email addresses. So after you manage to fix the country code, you can probably get a new email address and sign up for another profile. I'm sure there's a more elegant way of handling this, i just don't know this particular area as well as he does.

And then maybe after creating a new account you can log out of it again and log into the old one...

Oh, and if you would rather Doctor the phone with a US Verizon ROM (found here: http://webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions), you could download and use DrewPre's Pre Backup Utility before Doctoring, and then restore all of the data afterwards

Last edited by Remy X; 12/27/2012 at 03:50 PM.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: hheveran
Old 12/27/2012, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think there's a way of returning pre-Impostahing, as when you log in the profile server generates a new auth token and invalidates the previous one. If the current profile works, you can leave it at that. The First Run app is the Gestures Tutorial in the launcher. See if running that works.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/27/2012, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I don't think there's a way of returning pre-Impostahing, as when you log in the profile server generates a new auth token and invalidates the previous one. If the current profile works, you can leave it at that. The First Run app is the Gestures Tutorial in the launcher. See if running that works.
Thanks, GMMan. I seem to have restored my Palm Profile but lost Preware in the process.

Found "show first use app" and installed from preware. When I run it from launcher, all I get is a blue sky with wispy clouds. Nothing else.

So I went into Backup app from launcher, "Preferences" menu, Palm Profile. It said,

"You are no longer signed into your palm profile." It asked me if I wanted to erase all data or just restart. I picked Restart. After what seemed like forever, I ended up getting to the Choose Language-English. Activated. Create new profile or sign into existing profile. Signed in. Setup Complete. Restoring from backup.

Apparently, I restored from palm profile backup. I now have app catalog working, but I lost preware and my preware apps. It also shows the default wallpaper. I was able to restore App catalog apps and wallpaper files, lost contacts though.

Soooooooo.......I still don't get Pandora in Palm's App catalog. I guess country is still set for AT. Do I need to reinstall Preware and Impostah to get the device ID and auth token to use your country changer?

Thanks again.

Last edited by hheveran; 12/27/2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12/27/2012, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

From someone else on the forums: have you activated your Palm Profile? If you haven't, that's probably why your country code is AT. Check your inbox again for the activation letter.

Otherwise, you don't actually need Impostah if you can pull it using the command line.
Thanked By: hheveran
Old 12/28/2012, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Profile is activated.

I went into Impostah, Account Info and found the MEID number to use as the device ID in your country code app. Also used the auth. token from Impostah.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!! I'm good to go. Thanks a million for all your help. Great app! This forum ROCKS!

Last edited by hheveran; 12/28/2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: update
Old 12/28/2012, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hheveran View Post
Thanks, GMMan. I seem to have restored my Palm Profile but lost Preware in the process.

So I went into Backup app from launcher, "Preferences" menu, Palm Profile. It said,

"You are no longer signed into your palm profile." It asked me if I wanted to erase all data or just restart. I picked Restart. After what seemed like forever, I ended up getting to the Choose Language-English. Activated. Create new profile or sign into existing profile. Signed in. Setup Complete. Restoring from backup.

Apparently, I restored from palm profile backup. I now have app catalog working, but I lost preware and my preware apps. It also shows the default wallpaper. I was able to restore App catalog apps and wallpaper files, lost contacts though.
Just one more question. I like to understand what happened so I can learn and maybe help others. With this process above, it appears that I "pre-Impostahed". It restored my profile with the default green leaves background, just as it looked when I first set it up. How could I not have been signed into palm profile and how did I restore from backup simply by restarting from Backup app?

Wish I had known about that in the beginning. Thanks again for all your help. Happy New Year! (though it would be happier if WebOS were to rise from the ashes
Old 12/28/2012, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Your phone has detected that it is no longer signed in to a Palm Profile, and the default action for that is to wipe on reboot. So when you told it to reboot, it wiped all user data and apps except for what's on the USB drive. That brought you to first-run state, where you can sign in properly. Preware and other homebrew aren't there any more because they were stored in the same place regular apps are, which were deleted when the phone wiped itself. Backup's sole purpose is to restore data when a phone is reset or a new webOS device is added for migration. Hence most of your data comes back.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0