webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Webos doctor error :(
Webos doctor error :(

Old 12/05/2012, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ok so when i run webos doctor, it goes through till 8% and ive looked and found that it could be a corrupt usb drive so i followed instructions with no luck. Is there a way to format this partition through command line like novaterm? I do have the right version for my phone, and I've tried extracting the uImage from the webos jar to boot the phone from it. That does not seem to help.

Verizon PixiPlus (VERIZON)
Os Version 1.40.51

Last edited by Gage Wright; 12/05/2012 at 12:38 AM.
Gage Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I remember linking to a post with the raw format command on my resource list (see signature). In any case, make sure you're booted to installer ramdisk when you're trying to do this.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Gage Wright
Old 12/05/2012, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

That makes sense. Do you use novaterm to boot the ramdisk?
Old 12/05/2012, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Novacom, then Novaterm to open shell.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 12/05/2012, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

So i have booted into the ram disk and i'm in the terminal, i believe you said to use the mkdosfs command to format, but what essentially would i type for the correct syntax to format the right partitions for my palm pixie plus
Old 12/05/2012, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

This problem has been solved. The OP PM'd me instead of posting here for instructions.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0