Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I did a NextGen unlock on my Pixi a year ago. Recently I had to send it for repair of the touchscreen. The IMEI is the same on the returned phone.

However, the phone is no longer unlocked. As I have reached the end of my contract my provider were happy to give me an unlock code, based on the IMEI and the serial number, so I asked for this and tried to enter it.

However, the code the provided does not unlock the phone. I don't understand why. With my Mum's Pixi the code that was provided by the network worked fine.

Does anybody know - does the NextGen unlock work by over-writing the code? If so, what does it overwrite it with? How can I unlock this phone that I've already paid to unlock once? What does NextGen actually do?

Has anyone had a similar experience? They just killed the UK phone support for webos devices, so I can't even ring anyone anymore!
    You could try Dogbert's unlock method which is free? I'm not sure it work for the Pixi but it worked great on the 10 or so Veers I tried it on :-)
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Some critical part has changed and negated the code based on IMEI???

That's what it sounds like anyway.

Do try Dogbert's Method (link in my signature). The other methods are actually just looking up a # on a database. Dogbert's does work with Pixi and is an interactive method that will query your phone directly for the code needed.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks both of you. Dogbert's method worked perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A View Post
    Thanks both of you. Dogbert's method worked perfectly!
    Cool.

Dogbert conquers another one!!!
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee