webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Bad Pixi...
Bad Pixi...

Old 10/22/2012, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

So, I'm very disappointed I wonder how many calls I have lost thanks to pixi, someone trying to call me contacted me and told me that when he tries to call me, he goes to the voice mail after 3 rings.. today i decided to try and it's true. So i changed back my sim to mi old nokia and no problems at all. so my pixi or all the pixies are this bad.

I wonder if restoring my pixi to factory settings, deleting all apps and data can help? I installed some patched, the uberkernel, and addons to others apps. I thought it could be the patch to block calls, but no I uninstalled and keep happening. I tried activating and deactivating 3g, roam, everything, choosing the network manually and no luck.
blackylol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2012, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackylol View Post
So, I'm very disappointed I wonder how many calls I have lost thanks to pixi, someone trying to call me contacted me and told me that when he tries to call me, he goes to the voice mail after 3 rings.. today i decided to try and it's true. So i changed back my sim to mi old nokia and no problems at all. so my pixi or all the pixies are this bad.

I wonder if restoring my pixi to factory settings, deleting all apps and data can help? I installed some patched, the uberkernel, and addons to others apps. I thought it could be the patch to block calls, but no I uninstalled and keep happening. I tried activating and deactivating 3g, roam, everything, choosing the network manually and no luck.
My Pixi Plus occasionally does this, but I tend to muck around with internals a bit too much. Typically a device restart followed by a luna restart clears a bit of the sluggishness up. Perhaps that will help.

Also, is this a Pixi or Pixi Plus
Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
Shadowflank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2012, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

a pixi plus at&t.

I did a luna restart, turned off, restarted, removed the battery, everything, still no luck... I even tried with other sim card.
Old 10/22/2012, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Have a look at this thread. Perhaps the number of rings is tied to your local switch instead of your phone.

I remember there was a modem diagnostics tool with a whole bunch of configs, but I can't remember what it was called.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2012, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Have a look at this thread. Perhaps the number of rings is tied to your local switch instead of your phone.

I remember there was a modem diagnostics tool with a whole bunch of configs, but I can't remember what it was called.
I agree with this. Are you using at&t?

There's a minidm application within the usb passthrough config that shows quite alot of network information. Easiest I've found to uncover the app is the launcher mashup patch.

Quite a nice patch too imho.

Edit: windows-esq solution: try doctoring. May work but couldn't hurt.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
Shadowflank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

so yeah thanks, i fixed it by restoring the phone... now the problem is, the ringtone starts with High volume and suddenly sounds like when you put your finger in the speaker, gets muted, not completely.. this only happens when receiving calls, the alarm, the music players, and everything else sounds just fine. ideas ?
Old 11/04/2012, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackylol View Post
so yeah thanks, i fixed it by restoring the phone... now the problem is, the ringtone starts with High volume and suddenly sounds like when you put your finger in the speaker, gets muted, not completely.. this only happens when receiving calls, the alarm, the music players, and everything else sounds just fine. ideas ?
Proximity sensor or accelerometer, maybe? Some phones turn down the volume when it finds the phone in motion or a finger close by. Not sure about Palm phones, though.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0