Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bassman97
  • 1 Post By artxxork
  1.    #1  
    Without a tab key it is nearly impossible to follow the instructions in these forums. Is there a program that allows you to have a virtual cloned screen appear on a pc in a window for any of the palm webos phones?

I saw a hit from JohnnyBiggles saying he had orb to this, but I didn't see any such an app in the app catalog. On the pocket pc and WM platforms there are many programs that do this, the most popular being SOTI Pocket Controller:

Jason
    If you can use a VNC server, you can see if PalmVNC works in Classic. Otherwise I'm not aware of a native webOS app for remote desktop/VNC.
    jasontaylor7 likes this.
    There is VNC server working on TouchPad (you can use standard vncviewer) ... untested if that works on phones too; however it is read-only - ie you cannot control remote device. Not sure what functionality you need...
    jasontaylor7 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    > Not sure what functionality you need...

Not the controlling windows way. Needs to allow the computer to control the pixi. I want to setup and tweak the pixi without touching it, since it is faster. A clue is that I was saying there isn't a tab key. For me, the pixi keyboard is really small and I type about 10x faster on a full keyboard. And using a real mouse helps me. Another feature I miss is to cut and paste in data, contacts, phone numbers, passwords, bookmarks, etc. Based on your post and bassman97's post, there is no software that allows one to control the pixi. Please, anyone, post if I am wrong.

BTW, strange ... all these missing apps. Like another is a lack of a skype app. I don't understand why skype/m$ doesn't want free revenue. Skype already has linux builds.... Glad I don't attempt to make sense out of all this information anymore.
    Last edited by jasontaylor7; 10/04/2012 at 06:06 PM.
    twitter com /jasontaylor7 A fresh post each day!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
    > Not sure what functionality you need...

Not the controlling windows way. Needs to allow the computer to control the pixi. I want to setup and tweak the pixi without touching it, since it is faster. A clue is that I was saying there isn't a tab key. For me, the pixi keyboard is really small and I type about 10x faster on a full keyboard. And using a real mouse helps me. Another feature I miss is to cut and paste in data, contacts, phone numbers, passwords, bookmarks, etc. Based on your post and bassman97's post, there is no software that allows one to control the pixi. Please, anyone, post if I am wrong.

BTW, strange ... all these missing apps. Like another is a lack of a skype app. I don't understand why skype/m$ doesn't want free revenue. Skype already has linux builds.... Glad I don't attempt to make sense out of all this information anymore.
    Skype is 2.X+ only. Not sure if it can be ported to ARM6 but I know it has been ported to the Pre-/+ (ARM7). Now, if you want the Pixi to be remote host as opposed to the other way around (your original post seem to indicate the other way), this depends in what way. Novacom lets you manipulate the Linux side via a Terminal window. No GUI control though (not sure why you want GUI control as it defeats the purpose of the device being mobile). Also, if you searched, you would know that there are shortcuts for what you want. Gesture = control key on PC, so the same PC commands transfer over (ex. gesture-c = copy). Tab though I don't remember but I believe it's either shift - enter or option - enter.