1.    #1  
    So I just got off the phone with technical support from T-Mobile, calling them to confirm the swirling rumors of the frequency band switch on the webos nation forums.

Unofficially, yes, this is happening. There is a whopping nine million iPhones with crippled data services on T-Mobiles network, and they have supported the device better than at&t since launch day of the original iPhone. I personally got a kick out of that last part years ago.

The representative confirmed that they are swapping HSDPA+ to 1900 MHz, and all HSDPA-enabled phones will receive HSDPA data services now.

In layman terms, that poor AT&T Pixi of yours will get 3G on T-Mobile after this switch happens.

Unfortunately the rep was unable to disclose an exact date this will happen but she did not deny my claims of the end of September. This may or may not happen in the next month, so don't get your hopes up and upgrade your 100mb plan til it's confirmed.

Thoughts?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    If you'd like to stay up to date with the refarming, follow TmoNews | Unofficial T-Mobile Blog, News, Videos, Articles and more. They've been posting about it whenever they get more info.

Personally, I'm really excited about it. Once they get it done in my area, I'll have much more freedom when choosing a device.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If you'd like to stay up to date with the refarming, follow TmoNews | Unofficial T-Mobile Blog, News, Videos, Articles and more. They've been posting about it whenever they get more info.

Personally, I'm really excited about it. Once they get it done in my area, I'll have much more freedom when choosing a device.
    As I've said before I didn't mind taking a hit on data speed if it ment I didn't have to be on AT&T's network. I hate them with a passion.

I almost left T-Mobile over a 1.69 charge for a 411 misdial trying to report my power outage.

The two female rep/supervisor flat out denied it. The male rep immediately credited my account because I honestly was about to open a lawsuit due to me being in an area affected by Issac. I was furious and if that guy ever reads this, I'll buy you a beer if you ever visit new orleans.

Offtopic but customer service nightmares are coincidental with female csr's.

Regardless, this makes having my Pixi worth upgrading my data plan.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!