Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bassman97
  1.    #1  
    My Palm Pixi+ has from 0 to 1 bars at my home and my old nokia 5000 has always full signal strength using the same sim card.

Why?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/01/2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackylol View Post
    My Palm Pixi+ has from 0 to 1 bars at my home and my old nokia 5000 has always full signal strength using the same sim card.

Why?
    Various reasons.

Antenna design has changed significantly and perhaps you have lead paint.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Disabling 3G should raise your signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Disabling 3G should raise your signal.
    Didn't mention that because I had no clue what network he was on.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  5.    #5  
    3G is always disabled, the worst thing is that I receive sms hours or days later...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackylol View Post

Why?
    From my friend in the wireless business, never trust the number of bars as signal strength. More importantly, signal strength can also be misleading as a strong signal can actually provide poor reception.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    +1 for all signal indicators being different from model to model.

How is the quality of voice?

SMS delay is a separate issue and something I've seen talked about in conjunction with "strong" signal. As in: "I have 5 bars and my Texts don't come in on time!!!"

Using the site search for "pixi sms text delay" yields a lot of discussion, some of which may help you.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #8  
    sometimes I try to make a call and it says no service, sometimes it changes to SOS mode, sometimes there are signal bars but if i try to make a call it does nothing ...
    Again, don't trust what the bars say. Nokia is known for being able to get reception from within a nuclear reactor housing, but those that's a Nokia. Also keep in mind 2G on GSM needs a strong signal to be reliable. As 2G phones connect to only one tower at a time, a poor signal will cause numerous interruptions so while you may see bars, it isn't a strong consistent signal. On the other hand, CDMA and GSM 3G connect to multiple towers, so it can always fall back to the tower producing the best signal. If given the choice, I always had better experience with 3G, though because of what I said above, low signals will eat your battery.