Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    I just bought a refurbished palm pixi plus. I have an existing number with page plus. I called them and activated the new pixi. In order to complete the activation I have to make an outgoing call. The phone would not power on. I went and bought a new battery. It will now power on but it goes to a screen that says "tool central" Build 843... and there are a bunch of systems tests below it. I have gone thru all the tests, i have removed the battery several times but can't get out of this screen. No buttons on the key pad work. So I can't dial out to activate the phone. I'm thinking this phone is malfunctioning anyway because I have to keep it on the charger to power it on and it has a brand new battery. I can't return it to the seller til tomorrow so I just wanted to at least try to complete the activation so I can see if it will make and receive calls. Every manual and activation site I've found says you turn the phone on and a screen appears to choose the language etc. That screen never has come on. Just this "tool central" thing. What do I do? Just return it or is there some way to make it work?
    Try restoring it to the original stock software it came with. You will have to download the "doctor" software to your pc and then connect the phone when the software tells you to. Its a good idea anyway to know this process as this is a great way to take you back if anything ever goes wrong with your phone (i have doctored many many times).

This HP site walks you through the process (note in order to use the doctor, you need the java software so be sure to click on that link in the HP page)

http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm#

Good luck.

Note: once you are done doctoring, you will need a small amount data on your pageplus plan in order for the phone to connect to the network for the first time. (If you don't have this, there are ways around it but they require more complicated steps)
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Try restoring it to the original stock software it came with. You will have to download the "doctor" software to your pc and then connect the phone when the software tells you to. Its a good idea anyway to know this process as this is a great way to take you back if anything ever goes wrong with your phone (i have doctored many many times).

This HP site walks you through the process (note in order to use the doctor, you need the java software so be sure to click on that link in the HP page)

http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm#

Good luck.

Note: once you are done doctoring, you will need a small amount data on your pageplus plan in order for the phone to connect to the network for the first time. (If you don't have this, there are ways around it but they require more complicated steps)
    It worked! thank you so much!
    I am a new member with a long time Treo history, now an Owner of a Palm Pixi Plus meant for the AT&T network but now residing with me in the Canadian Rogers network (my main phone is a Blackbelly Curve)

I could not see a way to start a new thread so perhaps you can help me with this too

My Pixi plus is unlocked and first worked on the rogers network with the Sim Card. I now cannot make calls out and the problem is that the phone generates two extra prefix zeros in front of the dialed out phone number and the network cant manage this. I am able to receive calls.

this may have happened when i tried to use the phone with a global Sim card

Thanks all for the time you take helping us new owners.
    In the regional settings app, change the phone number format to other.