webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Exporting Contacts of Broken Pixi
Exporting Contacts of Broken Pixi

Old 08/15/2012, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all,

The screen on my Pixi cracked and the touchscreen no longer works. I want to move the contacts off the phone but Bluetooth was not enabled when it crack so not sure how I can... anyone know a non-Bluetooth way to get contacts off a Pixi,

Thanks,
Dean
chesterdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2012, 07:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterdean View Post
Hi all,

The screen on my Pixi cracked and the touchscreen no longer works. I want to move the contacts off the phone but Bluetooth was not enabled when it crack so not sure how I can... anyone know a non-Bluetooth way to get contacts off a Pixi,

Thanks,
Dean
Whatever you set-up as your default account, all your contacts should be synced to that account. If you used Google, it's as easy as visiting the website and clicking export (in either vcard or csv). If it's the Palm Profile, I have no idea as I rely on Google.
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2012, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks. I'll look into it.
chesterdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2012, 01:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yea all your contact s should have been synced with one of your email accounts...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
jeffmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2012, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

do some more forum searching. There are a few posts on how to do this. Basically you can plug in the usb, download the contact list database file, and run a sccript that exports all of yor contacts into a csv file. Its quite easy to do and there are good instructions. After that I recommend you load your contacts onto google or something so you won't ever lose them again.
poppeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2012, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

There's a single command you can use to export contacts. I'll have to search webOS Doctor for the source app, but I'll be back. You need to have Novacom enabled for it to work.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2012, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

What is the command and where/how do I execute it? I have a problem with my touch screen not working. I managed to get the screen working long enough to manually copy down all of my contacts and their info (too forever), but I would like to export my text messages too. I have a lot of information in them and I don't want to upload them to Google. I tried DTA, but it doesn't work on a Mac and HPs other software only works on old version of the Macs (10.5 or so).
Carlene222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2012, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Run this via Novacom or SSH:
Code:
luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll '{"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
Find your contacts as ExportedContacts.vcf when plugged in with USB Mode on your computer.

If you can get the screen working long enough, go into the dialer and enter ##monad#. Then hit the green button. The exported data will be in a folder named .temp under USB Drive mode.

Also, have a look here: http://www.webosnation.com/enhanced-...contact-export
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor

Last edited by GMMan; 02/11/2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Add missing quote
Old 02/11/2013, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Run this via Novacom or SSH:
Code:
luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll {"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
Find your contacts as ExportedContacts.vcf when plugged in with USB Mode on your computer.

If you can get the screen working long enough, go into the dialer and enter ##monad#. Then hit the green button. The exported data will be in a folder named .temp under USB Drive mode.

Also, have a look here: Enhanced Contacts VCard Export patch fixes webOS contact export | webOS Nation
Could be this command is needs a modification:

webOS >2.x:
Code:
luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll '{"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
Be aware of the SPACE and ' after vCardExportAll and the trailing '

Last edited by gizmo21; 02/11/2013 at 11:35 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: GMMan
Old 02/11/2013, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for catching that. I forgot that I wrote this post.
Old 02/11/2013, 11:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

hmm as mentioned in the other thread we even need another command for 1.4.5, can't test though.

[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

so perhaps one want to try that one:
Code:
luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.contacts/makeVCardList '{"stripPhoneNumbers":"false","vCardPath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
would like to have feedback on that with Pixi or other 1.4.5 device.

Last edited by gizmo21; 02/19/2013 at 06:26 PM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0