1.    #1  
    Hi all,

The screen on my Pixi cracked and the touchscreen no longer works. I want to move the contacts off the phone but Bluetooth was not enabled when it crack so not sure how I can... anyone know a non-Bluetooth way to get contacts off a Pixi,

Thanks,
    Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterdean View Post
    Hi all,

The screen on my Pixi cracked and the touchscreen no longer works. I want to move the contacts off the phone but Bluetooth was not enabled when it crack so not sure how I can... anyone know a non-Bluetooth way to get contacts off a Pixi,

Thanks,
    Dean
    Whatever you set-up as your default account, all your contacts should be synced to that account. If you used Google, it's as easy as visiting the website and clicking export (in either vcard or csv). If it's the Palm Profile, I have no idea as I rely on Google.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Yea all your contact s should have been synced with one of your email accounts...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    do some more forum searching. There are a few posts on how to do this. Basically you can plug in the usb, download the contact list database file, and run a sccript that exports all of yor contacts into a csv file. Its quite easy to do and there are good instructions. After that I recommend you load your contacts onto google or something so you won't ever lose them again.
    There's a single command you can use to export contacts. I'll have to search webOS Doctor for the source app, but I'll be back. You need to have Novacom enabled for it to work.
    What is the command and where/how do I execute it? I have a problem with my touch screen not working. I managed to get the screen working long enough to manually copy down all of my contacts and their info (too forever), but I would like to export my text messages too. I have a lot of information in them and I don't want to upload them to Google. I tried DTA, but it doesn't work on a Mac and HPs other software only works on old version of the Macs (10.5 or so).
    Run this via Novacom or SSH:
    Code:
    luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll '{"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
    Find your contacts as ExportedContacts.vcf when plugged in with USB Mode on your computer.

If you can get the screen working long enough, go into the dialer and enter ##monad#. Then hit the green button. The exported data will be in a folder named .temp under USB Drive mode.

Also, have a look here: http://www.webosnation.com/enhanced-...contact-export
    Last edited by GMMan; 02/11/2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Add missing quote
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Run this via Novacom or SSH:
    Code:
    luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll {"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
    Find your contacts as ExportedContacts.vcf when plugged in with USB Mode on your computer.

If you can get the screen working long enough, go into the dialer and enter ##monad#. Then hit the green button. The exported data will be in a folder named .temp under USB Drive mode.

Also, have a look here: Enhanced Contacts VCard Export patch fixes webOS contact export | webOS Nation
    Could be this command is needs a modification:

webOS >2.x:
    Code:
    luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll '{"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
    Be aware of the SPACE and ' after vCardExportAll and the trailing '
    Thanks for catching that. I forgot that I wrote this post.
    hmm as mentioned in the other thread we even need another command for 1.4.5, can't test though.

[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

so perhaps one want to try that one:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.contacts/makeVCardList '{"stripPhoneNumbers":"false","vCardPath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
    would like to have feedback on that with Pixi or other 1.4.5 device.