1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a patch that is the exact opposite of Really Silent Ringer Switch... I have a Pixi that I just started using and the Ringer Switch can only be set to vibrate so I was curious if someone made a patch so that you can always have sound no matter where the ringer switch is positioned. I just want to be able to hear my phone when it rings so I don't miss every call that I get.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    doesn't that request defeat the purpose of the ringer switch to begin with?

I'd look into 'Mode Switcher'
    I've once used it as a Wi-Fi switch a la Treo 800w using Mode Switcher.

You could possibly set it to do ______ when the ringer switch is flicked
  3.    #3  
    Yes! That's why I made the request. I'm way past warranty on this thing and I don't need the vibrate switch for anything since I'm out of school and I don't need my phone on me at work.
    I am looking into Mode Switcher though, just installed it a few hours ago.
    Interesting idea. It would make my wife's old Pixi useful again if we had a patch to ignore that switch. The slightest pressure against the switch puts the phone in silent mode. She was constantly missing calls and texts because of it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Interesting idea. It would make my wife's old Pixi useful again if we had a patch to ignore that switch. The slightest pressure against the switch puts the phone in silent mode. She was constantly missing calls and texts because of it.
    that's exactly the problem I'm having... I have to keep it on silent or it freaks out on me.
    That is so weird... I would suggest mode switcher unless you can find someone interested in trying to make this patch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Mode switcher can override the switch position in both directions?
    Edit: unless advanced settings (which requires the advanced patches, which I do not have installed) changes it, there is no option in mode switcher to enable sound for the off position, only mute or vibrate.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/13/2012 at 11:52 AM.
    I know with a lot of things it has a "do nothing option" basically ignoring certain items when in certain modes...

Looks like it wont work....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I figured "do not set" meant no change from default. This is the first time I've played with mode switcher.
    Yeah you are right... I forgot, been a long time, thought there might be an option to override it some how, but I didn't see anything I thought would work.
    Guess it's time to take a peek inside the silent patch and see what it changes. It makes sense to me that it ought to be possible.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    agreed, should be able to just ignore or comment out the code that mutes the sounds when switched, might even be able to reverse action.
  13.    #13  
    thanks for looking into things guys! I'm obviously a bit new at this stuff so if you figure out how to get it to work would you mind posting the settings you choose/change? I can't seem to figure out how to use Mode Switcher at all.
    I really wish I just new how to make a patch... that'd probably make things a little bit easier.
    Is this seriously a patch issue? I totally thought that OP was being sarcastic about the most annoying bug in phone history. Well, aside from the "sound only can come from headphone jack" one that I have yet to figure out. Anybody finds answers to either of these, I'm all eyes, ears, nose and throat! And no, that plugging and unplugging headphones isn't it for the other one. For this one I just tap the switch and it turns right on, and I don't even have the package or whatever downloaded to even get apps. Then again mine's fairly new still, so there's time.