1.    #1  
    I woke up a few days ago to irregular black and white bars covering the screen of my 2-yr-old pixi plus. (Literally - the alarm was going off as scheduled.) The screen will work for a few seconds after being off for a while, but then the bars return. The phone is still functional and if I place a call during those few seconds of screen time, the call will continue after the screen goes black and white. The gesture bar still registers touches even when the screen is gone.

Any ideas as to what's going on? I can't seem to find any reports of similar problems.
    You might have some connection or physical issues with the LCD. You can try cracking it open if you want to, and reseat the cable connecting the LCD panel to the main board.

On a slightly related but non-Palm note, I've had a Sony TV that recently had the right half stop working, displaying gray bars and some random lines. A quick search on Google yielded that the layers of the panel may have become unbound.

Can you post a picture?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You might have some connection or physical issues with the LCD. You can try cracking it open if you want to, and reseat the cable connecting the LCD panel to the main board.

On a slightly related but non-Palm note, I've had a Sony TV that recently had the right half stop working, displaying gray bars and some random lines. A quick search on Google yielded that the layers of the panel may have become unbound.

Can you post a picture?
    Thanks, I'll look into that. I don't have a lot of hardware experience.

Here's a picture: http://imgur.com/7e2TZ (not sure why it uploaded upside down)
    I dropped my pixi on tile floor, no visible damage, but I get the same lines after about 30 seconds. All other functions seem to work properly; I just have to be fast! Is there anything I could try to fix this?