Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By mtiberio
  • 1 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    Now that the share everything plans are out, has anyone started a new plan with either of these phones and have tethering show up on the bill?




    Also could someone merge this thread with the other?
  2.    #2  
    Now that most Verizon users have switched to the share everything plan has anyone noticed the 5GBs of free data on the plan bill? Please answer
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Now that most Verizon users have switched to the share everything plan has anyone noticed the 5GBs of free data on the plan bill? Please answer
    I still use my PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4, the mobile hotspot for me still works and my bill still reflects a free 5G hotspot, but I also am grandfather into unlimited, YMMV...

    FYI I had heard Verizon lost some case concerning tethering, something about they can't prevent someone from doing it, net neutrality?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I still use my PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4, the mobile hotspot for me still works and my bill still reflects a free 5G hotspot, but I also am grandfather into unlimited, YMMV...

    FYI I had heard Verizon lost some case concerning tethering, something about they can't prevent someone from doing it, net neutrality?
    Here's a story about that...might be useful for Android users since it covers some apps that can be used for tethering.

    5 Apps To Tether Your Verizon Phone - AppNewser
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  5. #5  
    The ruling was more regarding censorship of or hindering access to Apps as a general violation, as opposed to tethering specific... Although tethering is what Vz was hindering.

    From the FCC press release of the ruling:

    "Verizon Wireless offers customers its 4G LTE service on C Block spectrum. Verizon Wireless bid at auction to acquire that spectrum, understanding that it was accompanied by open device and application obligations. Specifically, licensees offering service on C Block spectrum “shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee’s C Block network,” subject to narrow exceptions."

    Here is a more full accounting:
    FCC to Verizon: You Can No Longer Block Tethering Apps, Please Pay $1.25 Million to Say You are Sorry – Droid Life


    And the original appearance of the issue on this forum (courtesy of mtiberio):
    http://forums.webosnation.com/cdma-n...ring-news.html
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
  6.    #6  
    So that means I can just use the stock app right
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  7. Balooz's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #7  
    Yes.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  8. #8  
    I switch back and forth from my Pre2 to my Pre+ way too often. Whenever I do, during the online MEID switching process, Verizon tells me they are removing tethering for $0.00/month when I go Pre+ => Pre2, and tell me the opposite, that they are adding free tethering when I go Pre2=>Pre+

    YMMV
    RumoredNow likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    I switch back and forth from my Pre2 to my Pre+ way too often. Whenever I do, during the online MEID switching process, Verizon tells me they are removing tethering for $0.00/month when I go Pre+ => Pre2, and tell me the opposite, that they are adding free tethering when I go Pre2=>Pre+

    YMMV
    That is extremely interesting information.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10.    #10  
    PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $Pixi$ $Plus$ $users$ $still$ $get$ $5GBs$ $of$ $free$ $tether$.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Remy X likes this.

Posting Permissions