Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By prashanth007
  1.    #1  
    Guys
    i have my palm pixi plus successfully running webos 2.1. Below are the screenshots. Soon i will be making a video.

Unknown_2012-23-07_214256.png

messaging_2012-23-07_214113.png

messaging_2012-23-07_214100.png

messaging_2012-23-07_213901.png

accounts_2012-23-07_214145.png

deviceinfo_2012-23-07_214759.png

musicplayer_2012-23-07_221120.png

tasks_2012-23-07_221105.png

Guys you can see that it can run more than 15 cards at the same time. awesome right. And one more thing guys I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER OR OWNER OF THIS ROM, I AM JUST A USER. i just want to show you guys that pixi can still run webos 2.1 without any lag
    Very impressive to see that such an old phone with a much slower processor than the Pre models, can still run WebOS 2.1 smoothly without any lag or freezes/resets. However, ever since I made my upgrade to the Palm Pre 2...in my opinion it was much faster without the fuss of messing around with WebOS doctors or any hacking process(which I lack any expertise on that department).

You should also make a video of not only the installation process, but on how the phone performs under this new updated 2.1 OS that apparently HP has said that it wasn't capable of running(due to having less memory RAM approximately 256MB and processor speed).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I have to reset pixi plus everytime I use some apps, specially games and music player, because It comes to a point when I dont have anything loaded, I try to start an app and says i have many cards opened... will 2.1 do the same thing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackylol View Post
    I have to reset pixi plus everytime I use some apps, specially games and music player, because It comes to a point when I dont have anything loaded, I try to start an app and says i have many cards opened... will 2.1 do the same thing ?
    If anything, more so. However, if things are set-up correctly, then no. Try Uberkernel. I corrects some issues w/ the calculation in the determination of whether too many cards are open or not. Also, if you're good w/ Linux, you can play around w/ the VM settings to come-up w/ something that pleases you. If not, download the System Optimization patch. With the right VM settings and a slight overclock (I used ondemandtcl going from 600-806 when the load hits 50%) the old and weak Pixi doesn't feel so old and weak. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no Uberkernel for 2.1 on ARM6 so the overclock and TMC error benefits you would get is unavailable, unless you compile your own kernel. But with Govnah, you can at least make the processor run at 600 MHz constantly (rather than ondemand from 122-600) and play with the vm settings to make 2.1 work nice.
    Yes, the Luna System in webOS 2.1.0, is compiled, but as the version that exists in the wild was a pre-release, it is very leaky when it comes to memory. Also as the modem firmware also is uses the same memory space (256MB) only 192 to start with.

I use preset reset to reboot my pixi plus every day, gives it a fresh start.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Very impressive to see that such an old phone with a much slower processor than the Pre models, can still run WebOS 2.1 smoothly without any lag or freezes/resets. However, ever since I made my upgrade to the Palm Pre 2...in my opinion it was much faster without the fuss of messing around with WebOS doctors or any hacking process(which I lack any expertise on that department).

You should also make a video of not only the installation process, but on how the phone performs under this new updated 2.1 OS that apparently HP has said that it wasn't capable of running(due to having less memory RAM approximately 256MB and processor speed).
    Yes even i wanna share the tutorial and resource, but as i have already said its not my work nor did i help to do it. I am just a user so i am waiting for the approval from developer and owner of this rom. As you know this involves a lot of hard work lets wait for their approval.
  7.    #7  
    Friend u can better use jstop to manage ur ram so that u can avoid restart and reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by prashanth007 View Post
    Guys
    i have my palm pixi plus successfully running webos 2.1. Below are the screenshots. Soon i will be making a video.

Unknown_2012-23-07_214256.png

messaging_2012-23-07_214113.png

messaging_2012-23-07_214100.png

messaging_2012-23-07_213901.png

accounts_2012-23-07_214145.png

deviceinfo_2012-23-07_214759.png

musicplayer_2012-23-07_221120.png

tasks_2012-23-07_221105.png

Guys you can see that it can run more than 15 cards at the same time. awesome right. And one more thing guys I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER OR OWNER OF THIS ROM, I AM JUST A USER. i just want to show you guys that pixi can still run webos 2.1 without any lag
    Hello. I am very interested on install webos 2.+ in my pixi. Can you explain to me how to do it? Thank you very much.