1.    #1  
    Is it possible to block internet capabilities on palm pixi plus also WIFI so that my children will not be able to access the web ......?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike653 View Post
    Is it possible to block internet capabilities on palm pixi plus also WIFI so that my children will not be able to access the web ......?
    So it is to be a standalone MP3 / video / game player?

Do you still want phone to function?

Is this just for when you hand it to a child or will it be their device?

I suppose knowing more of the purpose will help get the right method. I'm sure a determined / inquisitive child could circumvent anything settings wise given time. Patches. etc. would be more "permanent."
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    So it is to be a standalone MP3 / video / game player?

Do you still want phone to function?

Is this just for when you hand it to a child or will it be their device?

I suppose knowing more of the purpose will help get the right method. I'm sure a determined / inquisitive child could circumvent anything settings wise given time. Patches. etc. would be more "permanent."
    I want to give this phone to my child as his phone. I want to block WIFI and INTERNET permanently so that he will not be able to undo or bypass any settings.
    I want to give this phone to my child as his phone. I want to block WIFI and INTERNET permanently so that he will not be able to undo or bypass any settings.
    The easy way is remove the network stack kernel mode drivers.

Assume you are on webOS 1.4.5.x, look under /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-chuck/kernel/net/wifi/
    and rename the 2 files sd8xxx.ko and uap8xxx.ko.

I have not tested this, but WiFi should be dead.
    So if the above kills WiFi...

You can turn data use off in the dialer preferences settings. If there is no data on the plan, then reversing the setting wouldn't enable anything...

I'm not sure there is a more permanent method.

The Backup feature will have to be turned off as well... It will probably drain the battery looking for a sync that never happens... Anything else that wants to use the cloud for that matter.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The easy way is remove the network stack kernel mode drivers.

Assume you are on webOS 1.4.5.x, look under /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-chuck/kernel/net/wifi/
    and rename the 2 files sd8xxx.ko and uap8xxx.ko.

I have not tested this, but WiFi should be dead.
    I'm new to WEBOS,

where do I look for that formula you gave me?
    I'm new to WEBOS,

where do I look for that formula you gave me?
    Well you can do this in a number of ways, meta doctor, internalz pro from preware, novaterm (terminal), webOS Quick Install (command line), wterm (preware), terminus, etc.

The easy method would be novaterm, make sure you have Java, HP/Palm webOS SDK (there is stand alone ways but this is the easiest), and device in DevMode (Pixi's need the devicetool.jar I think that is the name of the jar).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    So if the above kills WiFi...

You can turn data use off in the dialer preferences settings. If there is no data on the plan, then reversing the setting wouldn't enable anything...

I'm not sure there is a more permanent method.

The Backup feature will have to be turned off as well... It will probably drain the battery looking for a sync that never happens... Anything else that wants to use the cloud for that matter.
    still need some help...

it doesnt allow me to rename, only info, open or copy
    still need some help...

it doesnt allow me to rename, only info, open or copy
    Click info, the it title bar change that name swipe back and it will change the name of the file make sure you are configure in preference master mode ON.
  10.    #10  
    still doesnt let me make any changes
    still doesnt let me make any changes
    Not sure, my PixiPlus (Verizon not activated) running webOS 2.1.0, let me do it without any issues, but I am not running webOS 1.4.5.x. I tested the process while I was typing it.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    You can't prevent it after you have done it. Whenever getting your telephone, you have to invest in it without the need of internet. indeed, this will main issue If you get them with online, there is no way to block it & you will be paying for something that you don't use. However, if you get the handsets without world-wide-web, that won't become included in the monthly bills.i am also using care4teen.com parental control which is best for me.