1.    #1  
    I've read the article How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation...
    I have the latest version of Java...
    Phone is in developer mode...

When I get to the step where I plug the phone into the PC and I have the 'No Devices Found' window, I plug in the phone and tap Just Charge, I click 'OK' on the no devices found window then the window just keeps popping back up. If I click 'Cancel' then the program closes. I've tried it on two different computers (Vista & XP) and I get the same results. Am I missing a step somewhere?
    Try plugging your phone in, under Just Charge, then start WOSQI.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Still does the same thing. I'm using this version - WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar - is there an update or something?
    Try rebooting your phone after it is in Dev Mode... Then plug it into USB and open WOSQI...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by Caw876 View Post
    Still does the same thing. I'm using this version - WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar - is there an update or something?
    I was having similar problems. Do what the others are saying...connect your pre2 and select Just Charge before running WOSQI (before running the 'new' WOSQI I'm about to describe).

I followed instructions in the app Preware Homebrew Documentation (PHD) 3.0.0 by WebOS Internals. You can buy it for $0.99 in the HP/Palm App Catalog. Do it. You support WebOS Internals and get an informational app that can guide you through the process. I also used a guide called WOSQI Homebrew Guide (WHG), Setting up WOSQI by Canuck Coding, also $0.99. Again, buying these apps helps the webOS cause.

In PHD app, it guides you to check your Java Version (Java SE 6 or later I think). Then it tells you to download WOSQI to your computer and save it somewhere you can find it. It tells you to download WOSQI from the official thread which seems to be http://bit.ly/phd-wosqi4 or from the WHG http://bit.ly/wosqi-download. I think I used the first one and it worked. But just in case the PHD version doesn't, try the WHG version. They both are pretty thorough guides.

After I ran that WOSQI app, and maybe after hitting 'reinstall novacom' i was able to see my Pre2 in the drop down list and proceed.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

slt aide moi j'ai réinitialisé mon palm pre 2 et il affiche palm au lieu de HP comment avant et là l’écran tactile ne fonctionne pas comment faire svp
    I've been having the same trouble over the last couple days with my Pre2.
    WOSQI (new and old) was not recognizing my pre2 and the computer (windows 7 64 bootcamped, also tried this on the mac osx) and was not installing novacom. My pre was in dev mode "just charge". I also tried using "Universal Novacom Installer" and that could not download the novacom driver, I also downloaded the webos doctor to try and get novacom that way through identifying the file in UNI without downloading but it was only allowing me to select a .jar file, which I could not find within the SDK. I read in a different post that HP changed a bunch of URLs, might this be the issue we are having with novacom? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders1 View Post
    WOSQI (new and old) was not recognizing my pre2 and the computer (windows 7 64 bootcamped, also tried this on the mac osx) and was not installing novacom. My pre was in dev mode "just charge". I also tried using "Universal Novacom Installer" and that could not download the novacom driver, I also downloaded the webos doctor to try and get novacom that way through identifying the file in UNI without downloading but it was only allowing me to select a .jar file, which I could not find within the SDK. I read in a different post that HP changed a bunch of URLs, might this be the issue we are having with novacom? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Did you try the two links in my post (#5) right before your post? Did neither one work for you? You might try uninstalling one WOSQI before you download and install the next.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders1 View Post
    I should have fixed it, I ran the doctor which installed novacom and WOSQI now recognizes my pre....so for others having this issue: download the correct doctor for your webos version and run it without your phone connected, the first thing it will do is install novacom then close the doctor and try running WOSQI again with your phone in dev mode and you should be good...at least I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by skilatchi2009 View Post
    slt aide moi j'ai réinitialisé mon palm pre 2 et il affiche palm au lieu de HP comment avant et là l’écran tactile ne fonctionne pas comment faire svp
    En anglais SVP. Merci.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by skilatchi2009 View Post
    My desktop gadget translates as:

slt assistance me I have re-initialized my pre palm 2 and it posts palm instead of HP how before and there the touchscreen does not function how to make please
    Did you Doctor and now the problems?

Check the md5 of the Doctor and make sure it is a good copy... Download the Doctor again. Make sure you have a full copy.

Here is a freeware md5 sum check tool for Windows: md5sum checker.rar

The md5 sums are in a table over here along with all the official versions: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  12.    #12  
    Yay! I ran the doctor & got WOSQI working. It only took a few days of frustration but all is good now. Thanks all!