Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Bought a pixi plus a few weeks ago, which came with webos 1.2.1. Since I am a t-mobile user, is there a way to upgrade its OS to the latest it supports (1.4.5?) using computer instead of trying to do it online?
    You can use a webOS Doctor, but that will erase pretty much everything except the USB drive. but i dont know how it will affect the unlock and other stuff.

Why can't you use the on-board System Updates app?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    You can use a webOS Doctor, but that will erase pretty much everything except the USB drive. but i dont know how it will affect the unlock and other stuff.

Why can't you use the on-board System Updates app?
    Prior to 1.3.x, you couldn't update on 2G. Since he's on T-Mo, unless he finds a site which has 1900 MHz for 3G, you can't OTA update, until he gets the current version.

The Doctor is the best, as there was a bug in the fstab file that prevented certain PDK games/apps from saving, which only affects OTA updated versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    You can use a webOS Doctor... but i dont know how it will affect the unlock and other stuff.
    Doctoring won't affect unlock.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Can't I do a OTA update through wireless (connect to my router and so on)?

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Doctoring won't affect unlock.
    That's good; I bought this phone unlocked through Amazon.

Now, it is a matter of getting this webOS Doctor. Probably it is a Windows program so I need to put it in my vm...
    The doctor is a java program, so no need for a VM. You should be able to do it via WiFi, just I figured it wasn't activated I guess given the recent number of activation topics. But, the doctor would be best so that you not only start out fresh, but it eliminates the need to install the fstab patch to fix the fstab problem caused by OTA.