1.    #1  
    Okay, let me start by saying that I am an *****.

Now that that is out of the way, can someone please post their '/etc/fstab' file from a Pixi Plus running webOS 1.4.5.1 right away?

Let's just say that running VI in a DOS Box through a linux emulator was not a bright idea and now my fstab file is zero bytes.

I'm guessing if I reboot my Pixi, I've got a brick.

Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

What the heck was I thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by PixiHead View Post
    Okay, let me start by saying that I am an *****.
    This was already assumed of everyone here, but that's okay

I'm guessing if I reboot my Pixi, I've got a brick.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$'$t$ $brick$ $a$ $pixi$. $You$ $can$ $brick$ $a$ $Veer$, $though$

and no, I don't have that file.. but you can download the pixi doctor and extract it from there :P
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Being somewhat unhelpful, here's the fstab I have from a Pre2 Doctor. Don't take it at face value and stick it in your Pixi.

Code:
    # fstab auto-generated by trenchcoat
    # <filesystem>	<mount point>	<type>	<options>	<dump>	<pass>
    rootfs	/	ext3	ro,suid,dev,exec,auto,nouser,async,noatime	1	1
    /dev/mapper/store-var	/var	ext3	noatime,data=writeback	0	0
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptodb	/var/db	ext3	noatime,noauto,data=ordered	0	0
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptofilecache	/var/file-cache	ext3	noatime,noauto,user_xattr	0	0
    /dev/mapper/store-log	/var/log	ext3	noatime	0	0
    /dev/mapper/store-update	/var/lib/update	ext3	noauto,noatime	0	0
    proc	/proc	proc	defaults	0	0
    devpts	/dev/pts	devpts	mode=0620,gid=5	0	0
    tmpfs	/tmp	tmpfs	size=32M,mode=1777	0	0
    tmpfs	/var/run	tmpfs	size=16M,mode=1777	0	0
    tmpfs	/var/tmp	tmpfs	size=32M,mode=1777	0	0
    tmpfs	/media/ram	tmpfs	defaults	0	0
    /dev/mapper/store-media	/media/internal	vfat	utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000	0	0
  4.    #5  
    Thank you for the suggestion to get fstab from webosdoctor. I have searched through the tarballs, and do not see fstab anywhere.

Can someone post their etc/fstab file from their Pixi Plus running webos 1.4.5.1?

Or if someone knows where the file is in webosdoctor, that would be equally helpful.

Thank you in advance!
    Thank you for the suggestion to get fstab from webosdoctor. I have searched through the tarballs, and do not see fstab anywhere.

Can someone post their etc/fstab file from their Pixi Plus running webos 1.4.5.1?

Or if someone knows where the file is in webosdoctor, that would be equally helpful.

Thank you in advance!
    For webOS 1.4.5.1 it is built from the PIXIE.XML file:

<Filesystem fstab="/etc/fstab">
    <Mount device="rootfs" mount="/" type="ext3" options="ro,suid,dev,exec,auto,nouser,async,noatime" freq="1" passno="1"/>
    <Mount id="var" options="noatime,data=writeback" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount id="log" options="noatime" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount id="update" options="noauto,noatime" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount device="proc" mount="/proc" type="proc" options="defaults" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount device="devpts" mount="/dev/pts" type="devpts" options="mode=0620,gid=5" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount device="tmpfs" mount="/tmp" type="tmpfs" options="size=64M,mode=1777" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount device="tmpfs" mount="/var/run" type="tmpfs" options="size=16M,mode=1777" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount device="tmpfs" mount="/media/ram" type="tmpfs" options="defaults" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    <Mount id="media" options="utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000" freq="0" passno="0"/>
    </Filesystem>

Do not have a device at webOS 1.4.5.x, however, one can rebuild a FSTAB file from looking at a webOS 2.x build and compare the XML file with the built fstab in the TAR.

Tested on Verizon PixiPlus, uImage does not have a fstab file, sorry my PixiPlus is at webOS 2.1.0.

For webOS 2.x this works, for webOS 1.4.5.1 it does not...

Take the Jar file, copy it to some other location, change it from a Jar to a Zip.

Unzip it and look for a tar called webOS.tar.

Untar that file you will then see a bunch of files copy nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz.

Then ungzip nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz and untar that and under etc there is a fstab file.

You can also use the meta doctor application to extract modules from a Dr Jar file.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/16/2012 at 03:02 PM.
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    ...sorry my PixiPlus is at webOS 2.1.0. ...
    How did you do this?
    How did you do this?
    Read this thread.

webOS 2.1.0 Doctor for PixiPlus on Verizon, AT&T, and WR (ROW)/Pixi on Sprint!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel