1.    #1  
    So, I've posted already a couple of times about my phone, but not asking the right question!
    I am trying to create a palm profile but every time it says it has failed!
    It says I have to enter my sim's apn settings manually.
    What does it mean by my sim's apn setting?????
    I put in all the at&t apn settings I could find on the internet and all of them read "invalid apn settings" and won't let me do anything!!!!!
    This is irritating because I do not want to send this phone back but it looks like I'm going to have to.
    Any suggestions?!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahMarie View Post
    So, I've posted already a couple of times about my phone, but not asking the right question!
    I am trying to create a palm profile but every time it says it has failed!
    It says I have to enter my sim's apn settings manually.
    What does it mean by my sim's apn setting?????
    I put in all the at&t apn settings I could find on the internet and all of them read "invalid apn settings" and won't let me do anything!!!!!
    This is irritating because I do not want to send this phone back but it looks like I'm going to have to.
    Any suggestions?!!!
    Your cause is most likely not a wrong APN, but rather poor wireless reception. Even if you have full reception, if it's spotty or inconsistent, registration will fail. Search how to bypass activation and if you wish to activate, try it over WiFi instead. I had to do this with my Pre3 as by my house house, I fluctuate reception too much.
  3.    #3  
    How do I use wifi for this activation???
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    Your cause is most likely not a wrong APN, but rather poor wireless reception. Even if you have full reception, if it's spotty or inconsistent, registration will fail. Search how to bypass activation and if you wish to activate, try it over WiFi instead. I had to do this with my Pre3 as by my house house, I fluctuate reception too much.
    I tried to do bypass activation!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...restoring.html

the #*3386633# says "network failure"
    I tried to do bypass activation!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...restoring.html

the #*3386633# says "network failure"
    On 1.4.5, I believe you need to download a tool. I'm not positive as I've only done this on 2.x.x. I do remember there are instructions in one of the daily tips stories for 1.4.5.

Basically, you are trying to enable dev mode. By doing so, the phone will restart, unactivated. Once there, you can enable WiFi (in the top bar or preference) so that when you do go for your profile, it'll be done via WiFi instead.
  6.    #6  
    On 1.4.5, I believe you need to download a tool. I'm not positive as I've only done this on 2.x.x. I do remember there are instructions in one of the daily tips stories for 1.4.5.

Basically, you are trying to enable dev mode. By doing so, the phone will restart, unactivated. Once there, you can enable WiFi (in the top bar or preference) so that when you do go for your profile, it'll be done via WiFi instead.
    I've already tried to go into developer mode and it said network failure. :\
    I've already tried to go into developer mode and it said network failure. :\
    Go here:

Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation

As I said, you need a tool to do this. You can't just use hash codes. This should do it.
  8.    #8  
    Go here:

Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation

As I said, you need a tool to do this. You can't just use hash codes. This should do it.

Will I still have wifi and be able to use the phone for texting calling, etc
    Will I still have wifi and be able to use the phone for texting calling, etc
    Yes. Dev mode has no bearing on this. It just gives you root access to Linux.