1.    #1  
    Today I purchased an at&t sim card and an at&t palm pixi plus off of ebay.
    I am planning to activate the sim card into the 50 dollar per month gophone unlimited talk text and data plan.
    After I activate the sim and put it in the phone, will the data work to let me set up a palm account on the used phone?

Thank you.
    I think that a used cellphone should not cause you problems "I never try it", but if it will has some issue you can use the webos doctor to get the activation login with your account.

Correct me if I'm wrong
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. Let's hope it works then
    If you don't get data when trying to establish a profile it should give you the option to set the APN manually so you can try again...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    OK Dinah.... I looked around some more.

You said you got the AT&T gophone SIM off eBay. Was it used? Seems gophone SIMs lock to the phone they are first activated in. (A failsafe to keep you from yanking a SIM from a cheap dumb phone and then using a smart phone to suck up data)

If it isn't a SIM sold by AT&T to go into any phone that might be the problem...

You may have paid for a SIM locked down to a specific IMEI # that will never be usable.

I know that doesn't help right now, but might end some of the frustration you are having with this particular SIM.

Straight Talk has Unlimited Everything for $45/month and they sell SIM cards as part of a "Bring your own phone plan." SIMs cost $15 and are only sold on-line. It's what I'm using and can swap the SIM between phones with no problem.

You can unlock your phone for free using Dogbert's Method. There's a link in my signature.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    OK Dinah.... I looked around some more.

You said you got the AT&T gophone SIM off eBay. Was it used? Seems gophone SIMs lock to the phone they are first activated in. (A failsafe to keep you from yanking a SIM from a cheap dumb phone and then using a smart phone to suck up data)

If it isn't a SIM sold by AT&T to go into any phone that might be the problem...

You may have paid for a SIM locked down to a specific IMEI # that will never be usable.

I know that doesn't help right now, but might end some of the frustration you are having with this particular SIM.

Straight Talk has Unlimited Everything for $45/month and they sell SIM cards as part of a "Bring your own phone plan." SIMs cost $15 and are only sold on-line. It's what I'm using and can swap the SIM between phones with no problem.

You can unlock your phone for free using Dogbert's Method. There's a link in my signature.
    That isn't the problem, the sim card was unused, unpunched. I can use it in one of my old phones, it's a pantech matrix. Whenever i put the sim card into the palm pixi plus it always tells me that activation has failed, and to enter in manually my apn settings. I put wap.cingular, wap@cingulargprs.com, and CINGULAR1 in the apn settings, because those are the at&t apn settings i found online. I've tried other ones too for at&t to see if they would work. it always says invalid apn settings. I tried to do activation bypass and that wouldn't even work, my phone won't go into devmode and it says network error!
    Should I call at&t or palm or something???
    It would be nice if an AT&T user would take screencaps of their settings for you!!!

You might want to visit an AT&T store and see if they can configure it for you...

Looks from further searching that you need:

Shut down the Pixi + and remove the SIM and battery (wait about 10 minutes time for residual charge to dissipate)

Insert SIM first and then the battery and power on the Pixi +.

This tip is from AT&T's quick start guide for Pixi +. It seems it won't connect if the SIM is inserted with the battery already in the phone for some odd reason.

See page 6 of this brochure: http://www.att.com/support_static_fi...i_Plus_QSG.pdf

I'd then try wap.cingular for APN, no name or password....

Good luck. I hope this finally works for you.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahMarie View Post
    That isn't the problem, the sim card was unused, unpunched. I can use it in one of my old phones, it's a pantech matrix. Whenever i put the sim card into the palm pixi plus it always tells me that activation has failed, and to enter in manually my apn settings. I put wap.cingular, wap@cingulargprs.com, and CINGULAR1 in the apn settings, because those are the at&t apn settings i found online. I've tried other ones too for at&t to see if they would work. it always says invalid apn settings. I tried to do activation bypass and that wouldn't even work, my phone won't go into devmode and it says network error!
    Should I call at&t or palm or something???

Lets focus on two things first, what do you mean activation bypass wouldn't work? What happened?

Second, you are attempting to put the phone into dev mode at first use screen?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Lets focus on two things first, what do you mean activation bypass wouldn't work? What happened?

Second, you are attempting to put the phone into dev mode at first use screen?
    Activation bypass won't work: I mean like, I try to put the phone in developer mode and it says "ussd request failed" every time.

I have tried to put it in developer mode on first use screen, the "insert sim" screen. Every screen.
    When I put in the sim I always put the sim in first.
    The APN settings ALWAYS say invalid. Always. Even when I just put wap.cingular.
    \:
  10.    #10  
    It would be nice if an AT&T user would take screencaps of their settings for you!!!

You might want to visit an AT&T store and see if they can configure it for you...

Looks from further searching that you need:

Shut down the Pixi + and remove the SIM and battery (wait about 10 minutes time for residual charge to dissipate)

Insert SIM first and then the battery and power on the Pixi +.

This tip is from AT&T's quick start guide for Pixi +. It seems it won't connect if the SIM is inserted with the battery already in the phone for some odd reason.

See page 6 of this brochure: http://www.att.com/support_static_fi...i_Plus_QSG.pdf

I'd then try wap.cingular for APN, no name or password....

Good luck. I hope this finally works for you.
    I tried this. Only whenever I put in the APN settings it says Invalid Internet APN settings, as always...

Do you think this is due to the fact that AT&T requires go phone users who are using a smart phone to buy an extra data package, even if you have the 50 dollar a month unlimited plan?????
    I tried this. Only whenever I put in the APN settings it says Invalid Internet APN settings, as always...

Do you think this is due to the fact that AT&T requires go phone users who are using a smart phone to buy an extra data package, even if you have the 50 dollar a month unlimited plan?????
    That probably is it...

Hokey smokes! $50 a month and you need to buy data too? That isn't any way to run a budget plan. I mean, $50 is a lot for a dumb phone with a wap browser.

Dinah.... Come over to Straight Talk. Unlimited Everything including 411 for $45/month. Bring your own smart phone. They want you here. It was simple and easy to activate/configure. It's an AT&T mvno. You may not even have to unlock your phone. If you don't tether and suck up 3GB a month there won't be any problems.

In the time you were fighting with your Gophone SIM, you could have gotten your ST SIM in the mail.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    pixi+ is running at webOS 1.4.5. The '#*devmode#' command thru dialpad won't work. You need to download a java script from 'webOS internal' to switch to devmode.

I recently posted information on how to turn on WiFi ( after activation by pass) to activate your palm profile w/o data. It is in pre3 forum section under 'help on getting start on pre3' ( or something like that). Hopefully it may help you on the activation.

Good luck.
    Last edited by qlearner; 07/15/2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo
    Dinah.... Come over to Straight Talk. Unlimited Everything including 411 for $45/month. Bring your own smart phone. They want you here. It was simple and easy to activate/configure. It's an AT&T mvno. You may not even have to unlock your phone. If you don't tether and suck up 3GB a month there won't be any problems.
    We've got like 11 months left of contract then we will be doing this, unless the wife finds a contract phone she wants subsidized. At this point will probably buy off contract anyways if she wants to go that route... too many people happy with ST for me to ignore it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14.    #14  
    That probably is it...

Hokey smokes! $50 a month and you need to buy data too? That isn't any way to run a budget plan. I mean, $50 is a lot for a dumb phone with a wap browser.

In the time you were fighting with your Gophone SIM, you could have gotten your ST SIM in the mail.
    Man, you're so right. I should probably do this. I hope I wouldn't have to unlock the phone though.
    Man, you're so right. I should probably do this. I hope I wouldn't have to unlock the phone though.
    If you do need to unlock, Dogbert's Method is well documented and works. I'm pretty sure you won't need an unlock though.... I have my fingers crossed.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  16.    #16  
    If you do need to unlock, Dogbert's Method is well documented and works. I'm pretty sure you won't need an unlock though.... I have my fingers crossed.
    Thanks, well I actually did get the phone working. Since I bought that extra data which cost five dollars, so basically I'm paying fifty five dollars a month for barely an internet!! GRRR. I think I will switch to straight talk whenever this month is over.

I'm actually having another problem with my phone though, the wifi connection totally sucks! The only time the wifi works is when I am sitting in the same room as the router. And I've tested this out at relative and friends houses, the wifi connection is little to zip unless I'm in the room with a router. Do you have any advice??