1.    #1  
    Ok so i have the palm pixi plus. I've been trying to install preware onto it, but everytime i load up the installer it says device not found but the pixi is plugged in and on just charge. I don't know what is going on, and everytime i click reinstall novacom it freezes. Someone help ? thanks!
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I'm not an expert, so hopefully others can give you more sound advice. Let's start at the beginning...
    By "load up the installer", do you mean running WebOS Quick Install?
    Are you putting your device in developer mode before plugging in the usb cables?
    Have you seen Derek Kessler's excellent starter guide on this site? Just in case, it's here: http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...bos-smartphone

Overall, it should be a fairly straightforward process. But don't fret too much, you're not alone... I remember having to do things a couple of times to get it to work on my original Pre-.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    I'm not an expert, so hopefully others can give you more sound advice. Let's start at the beginning...
    By "load up the installer", do you mean running WebOS Quick Install?
    Are you putting your device in developer mode before plugging in the usb cables?
    Have you seen Derek Kessler's excellent starter guide on this site? Just in case, it's here: http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...bos-smartphone

Overall, it should be a fairly straightforward process. But don't fret too much, you're not alone... I remember having to do things a couple of times to get it to work on my original Pre-.
    since i am a beginner i don't know how to put it in developer mode, ahah how do you do it? sorry i am just learning how to do this stuff! thanks !!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlynpearle View Post
    since i am a beginner i don't know how to put it in developer mode, ahah how do you do it? sorry i am just learning how to do this stuff! thanks !!
    From the main screen using Just Type...

Input webos20090606

That will call up the Dev Mode switcher from the search function of the device.

Also... Once you have Preware up and running look for the Unhide Developer Mode in Patches. Makes life easier.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Read the link I posted. It's all there. Better yet, download the Preware Documentation app from the official app catalog. It's only 99 cents, but you'd be contributing to the app developers who are keeping webOS afloat for all of us!

How do you like the Pixi so far? I had one for a while after my Pre- broke. I was wary about its small size, but I really grew to like it. It's "The-little-smartphone-that-could"!
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys! i got preware but on my pixi it only has the apps, how can i get all the patches on it, & themes ? thanks so much!!
    select 'manage feeds' from the top left corner of the preware screen. then ensure 'webos-patches' option is set to 'on'
  8.    #8  
    thanks guys! it's working great now! thanks !!
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlynpearle View Post
    thanks guys! it's working great now! thanks !!
    Cool. Enjoy!
    -carldc