Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By greenoyster
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am interested in buying an unlocked Palm Pixi Plus from Amazon for around $70. I have read a large amount of data regarding this subject and I have come to a conclusion. I am currently on AT&T's prepaid network, and thus am not able to activate through primary means by a data connection.

I can, however, switch plans and pay $30 to activate my Palm account properly on the phone.

I also have toyed with the idea of using a friends SIM card to activate the phone. However the friend that I have in mind is on T-Mobile. Would using a T-Mobile SIM card for activation and then changing to an AT&T card work.

I also read about the bypass tool used for development of WebOS. i have tried this on my friends Palm Pixi Plus, but I get an error that says the Java is not a viable command that can be used for command prompt, thus making the tool unusable by my means.

Please respond soon, as I have already ordered the phone and need to know which one of these options are most viable and or economical. Thanks
    If it's unlocked, then using a T-Mobile SIM to activate should work.
    RumoredNow and TheWeaver like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    If it's unlocked, then using a T-Mobile SIM to activate should work.
    +1 for using the T-Mo card to activate...

Then put in your AT&T card after that and it should be good. That is the easiest way. I did the same thing with my first webOS device and had no problems.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    TheWeaver likes this.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information!! The phone should be coming in soon, and now I am sure i can use the phone. Thanks!