Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By sbopple
  1.    #1  
    Heyas,

So sometime ago I bought a couple of verizon pixi +'s when i thought I would bring my son over to verizon (I use a pre 2). $36 each on Amazon, nice!

anyhoo...Verizon sorta dashed my hopes with their shared data plan but I felt bad having those pixi's just sitting in the box so I thought for a few days I would take one out and mess around with it. I got Verizon to activate one and had some problems getting the thing to successfully initialize and boot up correctly, but thanks to the boards here I was able to read through, install webos doctor and get the pixi up and running.

What a fun a little phone! I actually like the form factor better than the pre 2 and the keyboard is really nice and responsive. Too bad it just runs 1.4.5., a bit sluggish but I'm sure I'll be able to read the forums here and get it overclocked.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbopple View Post
    Heyas,

So sometime ago I bought a couple of verizon pixi +'s when i thought I would bring my son over to verizon (I use a pre 2). $36 each on Amazon, nice!

anyhoo...Verizon sorta dashed my hopes with their shared data plan but I felt bad having those pixi's just sitting in the box so I thought for a few days I would take one out and mess around with it. I got Verizon to activate one and had some problems getting the thing to successfully initialize and boot up correctly, but thanks to the boards here I was able to read through, install webos doctor and get the pixi up and running.

What a fun a little phone! I actually like the form factor better than the pre 2 and the keyboard is really nice and responsive. Too bad it just runs 1.4.5., a bit sluggish but I'm sure I'll be able to read the forums here and get it overclocked.

Thanks again!
    You are quite welcome! They did the same for me as well
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    It is a very helpful place...

So much to learn and a lot of resources if you search around.

This place has been very good to me as well.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee