Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By intendedacceleration
  • 1 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  1.    #1  
    I just switched from using my Verizon iPhone 4 to my backup Palm Pixi plus as I'm trying to sell/trade my iPhone. I haven't used a WebOS device since I switched from my old Sprint Palm Pre many years ago.

This is still a great device/OS! It makes me sad that HP didn't invest heavily into this technology ongoing. It just further validates my feeling that iOS has just gotten slower/clumsy over time.
    johnnygewitter and somline like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by intendedacceleration View Post
    I just switched from using my Verizon iPhone 4 to my backup Palm Pixi plus as I'm trying to sell/trade my iPhone. I haven't used a WebOS device since I switched from my old Sprint Palm Pre many years ago.

This is still a great device/OS! It makes me sad that HP didn't invest heavily into this technology ongoing. It just further validates my feeling that iOS has just gotten slower/clumsy over time.
    It's not too late my friend, there's a Pre 3 waiting for you somewhere
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I agree with both of you. When my Sprint Pre- screen broke, I got a Pixi to replace it (at the time it was the only way to keep both Sprint and webOS without spending anything). I was wary of a "lesser" phone, but I was soon very pleasantly surprised at how seamless the change was. Yes, the screen is smaller, but the keyboard is far better than the Pre's. It's 'the little smartphone that could'!

I eventually got a Pre 3 on eBay. Wow - easily the best webOS phone. The screen and keyboard are great, and it has far more features than any other webOS phone. It is also a far sturdier slider than the Pre. There are some issues with apps, but no deal-breakers from my perspective.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either the Pixi or the Pre 3.

Either way, ditch that 'eye-os' thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by intendedacceleration View Post

I have to agree with you(totally), the Palm Pixi was an excellent phone that I think it was the best experience I ever had with such a little smartphone than with my iPod Touch from Apple. Don't let the tiny screen, discourage from using that phone as your phone replacement. The WebOS cards and the gestures area(in the screen) far better experience in a small phone, my friends used to laugh at me when pulling a tiny phone like that. They made fun calling it the kids toy "fisher price" phone and things like that. Then, I had to show them all the powerful little features that it had, they were amazed and even wished that their "me too" phone could have features like synergy and gestures. They had to swallow their words proudly, when I told them that even I had "Phone Tethering" without having to wait for carriers to approve such services for their Apple phones and plus all included in the plan.

I had that phone(for a year, to be honest) until my screen cracked and had to seek a phone replacement with a newer and faster Palm Pre 2. Still miss that phone, having to slide up to reveal keyboard while nice, not very intuitive....its not the same as having the keyboard just there waiting for you to type. One tiny little nugget, that I will criticize about the Palm Pixi was that the company "Palm" place such a slow processor and memory RAM that it hinder it to be a multitasking machine.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 06/24/2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    kwarner likes this.