1.    #1  
    I'm going to japan for a week and I need my cellphone with me but I don't want to be charged for roaming. I read that you only get charged in canada and mexico is that true?
    I really don't think AT&T operates in Japan. So no roaming charges, but no service.

I'm not sure your Pixi + is capable of working on any carrier in that country. Seems all their GSM carriers work on the 800/1700/2100 bands Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your phone doesn't transceive on those frequencies Palm Pixi Plus - Full phone specifications
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I really don't think AT&T operates in Japan. So no roaming charges, but no service.

I'm not sure your Pixi + is capable of working on any carrier in that country. Seems all their GSM carriers work on the 800/1700/2100 bands Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your phone doesn't transceive on those frequencies Palm Pixi Plus - Full phone specifications
    Thanks. I read somewhere that it had the UMTS 2100 antenna but I wasn't sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Thanks. I read somewhere that it had the UMTS 2100 antenna but I wasn't sure.
    My reading of the spec sheet linked seems to suggest AT&T model doesn't do 2100 band... I could be wrong.

Anyone have more info?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee