1. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have a sprint pixi that I don't use much anymore since I upgraded to an iPhone. i was wondering if there was a way to use it on a prepaid service so I can use it as a feature phone for texting/calling since my sprint family plan already has 5 lines.
    Ive seen a lot of people on the forum here activating the pixi on page plus.
  3. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Ive seen a lot of people on the forum here activating the pixi on page plus.
    don't you need a pixi plus from verizon for that?
    Im not sure everything it entails but I think a sprint pixi can be flashed for use on page plus.
    Last edited by gfunkj; 06/10/2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    I have a sprint pixi that I don't use much anymore since I upgraded to an iPhone. i was wondering if there was a way to use it on a prepaid service so I can use it as a feature phone for texting/calling since my sprint family plan already has 5 lines.
    You'd have to find a "Bring your own device" prepaid carrier. PagePlus is such a carrier but your device has to support the Verizon activation protocols to work. A Sprint phone doesn't do that so a Sprint Pixi won't work by default. But a workaround is offered by some companies called "flashing". They essentially do a manual activation of your phone to put it on PagePlus.

Sprint has a prepaid carrier called Virgin but they don't allow Sprint phones on Virgin.