Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I just got a Pixi Plus and want to replace my KIN ONEm with it but my parents won't let me get a data plan. I've read that when you bypass activation it can't use data on the network and I am not sure about it. Can someone help me please?
  2. #2  
    I can't answer directly about Pixi... In Pre 2 phone configuration there is a switch to enable or disable Data. Look for that.

    If you have a WiFi at home you don't have to bypass activation. You can do it over WiFi and setting up the profile has advantages.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  3. #3  
    it should work, just like rumorednow said if you go in the phone preferences you can dissable data I'm not sure that verizon will activate it without a data plan though
  4.    #4  
    Thank you
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I just got a Pixi Plus and want to replace my KIN ONEm with it but my parents won't let me get a data plan. I've read that when you bypass activation it can't use data on the network and I am not sure about it. Can someone help me please?
    What carrier are thinking about? If it's Verizon, they may not let you on without a data plan. On other carriers, you can operate over Wifi without a data plan. You may not be able to register a Palm Profile though without doing a lot of hacking. That means no Palm apps or auto backup. But email and browsing and Preware apps will be ok.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    What carrier are thinking about? If it's Verizon, they may not let you on without a data plan. On other carriers, you can operate over Wifi without a data plan. You may not be able to register a Palm Profile though without doing a lot of hacking. That means no Palm apps or auto backup. But email and browsing and Preware apps will be ok.
    I read somewhere that someone bypassed activation and could not use data on their plan because the data settings were missing
  7. #7  
    Well, when you bypass activation, you can't do anything on the network. Activation is how the carrier puts all the keys on your phone so you can make calls and use data. Without activation, you can still use wifi for data and some people do that.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Well, when you bypass activation, you can't do anything on the network. Activation is how the carrier puts all the keys on your phone so you can make calls and use data. Without activation, you can still use wifi for data and some people do that.
    can't I just put in the MEID HEX number? Thats what I had to do for my KIN
  9. #9  
    I also just bought a palm pixi plus, thinking I could do the same thing.
    I set it up just fine and everything and disabled data, not using any.
    HOWEVER, I got a message from my network an hour ago, saying that a data plan is required for my phone and that they had signed me up for one.
    I have AT&T.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    can't I just put in the MEID HEX number? Thats what I had to do for my KIN
    You may have entered a number but it wasn't an MEID. Old style CDMA activation would make you enter your MDN.

    Wasn't the Kin GSM?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjustine View Post
    I also just bought a palm pixi plus, thinking I could do the same thing.
    I set it up just fine and everything and disabled data, not using any.
    HOWEVER, I got a message from my network an hour ago, saying that a data plan is required for my phone and that they had signed me up for one.
    I have AT&T.
    Bummer. Verizon does the same thing. If you phone is considered a "smartphone", you have to buy a data plan for it. They won't let you use your phone just for voice and text. They want your money!

    You might want to consider going to a prepaid carrier if you want to use your Pixi for just voice and text. Prepaids are good for that since you just pay for what you use. If you can use wifi for all your data, you don't pay for network data.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    You may have entered a number but it wasn't an MEID. Old style CDMA activation would make you enter your MDN.

    Wasn't the Kin GSM?
    Nope it was exclusive for the Big Red only
  13. #13  
    You can use the official Web Doctor to update to the latest 1.45.1 version of WebOS.
    This is done via a USB cable connection to a Windows PC.
    Wi-Fi service can be enabled even if you haven't "activated" a CDMA Verizon network phone with any cell phone provider. The cell data function can optionally be disabled, and "total cost of ownership" would be least expensive via pre-paid "voice only" service with PagePlus. For a set fee of $10, $25, $50 or $80, you'd get 4 months until the mandatory renewal time would occur. Give them more money, and you're good for another 4 months. Some re-sellers such as KittyWireless.com can provide uninterrupted PagePlus service when an automatic credit card charge is authorized.
    Last edited by rvail317; 06/14/2012 at 03:13 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I just got a Pixi Plus and want to replace my KIN ONEm with it but my parents won't let me get a data plan. I've read that when you bypass activation it can't use data on the network and I am not sure about it. Can someone help me please?
    seriously seeking help please i bought a palm pixi from At&t and i am in the caribbeann and they asking for me to setup a profile but all i try its not working. someone please help me

Posting Permissions