Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carldc
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    periodically my Palm Pixi Plus shows "bajw" instead of "Palm", at boot. When theis happens everything is all screwed up. If I remove the battery for a while, it will boot normal and all is fine. Anyone else ever had the same problem or have any idea what the h is going on?

TIA
    "bajw"? Perhaps this was the next model in the pixi family?

Actually, this is pretty weird...because the image of "Palm" during bootup is just that, an image. It isn't text that could get garbled somehow....As I recall, there are 2 images stored on your device, and I forget what they are called, but on a stock Palm webOS device, both say "Palm" but one is regular text and the other one is glowing text, a good bit brighter. Then, during bootup, at some point the two images are phased in and out, giving the appearance that the word "Palm" is pulsating/glowing on and off. This is to entertain you while you wait...and wait. And let me tell you, as someone who has the longest boot up time of anyone I know (it takes 6 minutes and 25 seconds or more for a cold boot for my Pre+...I'm not kidding), it isn't very entertaining. I was thinking about suggesting HP replace this boring boot up with a game of pong...THAT would be entertaining! Maybe I did suggest this...and that was about the time HP cut the cord on new webOS devices...OH NO! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!

Of course, it could be a form of hypnosis too..."you are happy, the world is pretty good, take the blue pill...NO WAIT! I MEANT THE RED ONE! Oh boy...uh, AGENT SMITH? Don't be angry, but..."
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Hate to say it, but that's a new one to me. When is the last time you doctored the phone?
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Does it happen to look like this (see attached)... ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Ha! I'll bet that is it! funny that it will show the image upside down and backwards...

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

LOL.. that was some out of the box thinking Something went wonky if that's the issue. Ha

I need the glowing one as well so I can make those my boot images.

LONG LIVE bajw!!!!

bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw! bajw!

"Got bajw?" - "bajw rules all!" The new secret society recognition code and counter sign.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Happened to one of ours some time ago. Then the Pixi died. Replaced it with Siri...
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    As soon as Rockbeast noted that it was an image, I thought, "hmmmm..."

Of course, it would be more poetically fitting if "HP" was bass ackwards!
    Last edited by carldc; 05/30/2012 at 03:58 PM.
    As soon as Rocketbeast noted that it was an image, I thought, "hmmmm..."

Of course, it would be more poetically fitting if "HP" was bass ackwards!
    Which would give us "d(u)h". Appropriate, that. :P
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    yes, only not in color. when it does, and the phone finally finishes booting, everything on the display is back asswards, I figured I can't be the only one and based on the replies, apparently has happened to at least one other. would be nice to know what has happened.

I've done very little to the phone,
    Quote Originally Posted by bsd777 View Post
    yes, only not in color. when it does, and the phone finally finishes booting, everything on the display is back asswards, I figured I can't be the only one and based on the replies, apparently has happened to at least one other. would be nice to know what has happened.

I've done very little to the phone,
    Just be sure to be near a mirror so you can use your phone...unless you are a vampire, then don't be near Abraham Lincoln.