1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I sort of new to all this lovely homebrewing and such, but I did install Preware and am able to access all the goodies homebrew has to offer.

This morning my Pixi Plus is showing an available update to 1.4.5.1, but when I looked into device info, obviously it was already running it.

So my question is, do I allow it to ""install""? Plus, if so, how can this affect my patches and such?

Thanks a million!
    Quote Originally Posted by bgirly34 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I sort of new to all this lovely homebrewing and such, but I did install Preware and am able to access all the goodies homebrew has to offer.

This morning my Pixi Plus is showing an available update to 1.4.5.1, but when I looked into device info, obviously it was already running it.

So my question is, do I allow it to ""install""? Plus, if so, how can this affect my patches and such?

Thanks a million!
    It shouldnt affect anything if you update but are you certain your device is 1.4.5.1 and not 1.4.5? IM pretty sure a new device would be shipped with 1.4.5 and the .1 woud come in an update.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    It shouldnt affect anything if you update but are you certain your device is 1.4.5.1 and not 1.4.5? IM pretty sure a new device would be shipped with 1.4.5 and the .1 woud come in an update.
    I have had this Pixie Plus for about a yr now, toggling back and forth between this and my Pre Plus. So I am almost 100% certain that the 1.4.5.1 update would have been applied over air by now.
    The only thing that comes to mind is for whatever reason when I switched back from my Pre to my Pixie, the Uberkernal had to be downloaded again and it wouldnt take, so I put the recovery Palm kernal back on, and then downloaded Uberkernal again with sucess.
    Do you think that has anything ( or all ) to do with it?

Thanks for the reply!
    not positive but changing the kernel probably did remove the update.