webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Can't bypass activation
Can't bypass activation

Old 05/17/2012, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

I tried the ##devmode# and it says "invalide msl". Can someone please help?

I don't recall having this problem before when I had purchased the pixi plus in the past.

Last edited by natureabor; 05/17/2012 at 09:44 PM.
natureabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2012, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

GSM is #*DEVMODE#
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2012, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is the GSM with Verizon network? I'm going to be using page plus.

Now when I key in ##*devmode# it just goes back to the screen before, doesn't restart or bypass the verizon activation. I really have no idea why this is happening. Can someone lend a hand please.

Do I doctor it, something I read? Is there another way? Thanks

Last edited by natureabor; 05/18/2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05/18/2012, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

When I bought a new Palm Pre, my steps for activating Page Plus went like this:

1. Open up the phone and write down the MEID # (located in the battery compartment) and S/N # on a separate piece of paper.
2. I went to http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onli.../Activate.aspx and clicked on the $10 activation option. I think I had to type in the MEID # with it when purchasing.
3. I turn on the phone and it attempts to activate with Verizon's, but I touch on the bottom part of the screen and am given the option to make an emergency call. I tap that option, but don't place the 911 call. I delete that number and then type in *22890 (remember to do the star button before the 22890).
4. Because I already typed in the MEID # when purchasing it detects the phone that I am using and the service works.

5. The phone isn't working yet, though, because I have to get the palm profile activated before I can use the phone. I then go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/onl...e/minutes.aspx and select the $12 "The 12" feature with page plus wireless. You don't have to always use this plan with page plus, but it does come with 10 MB of data per month which will allow you to get past the palm profile stage.
6. After purchasing that plan on their website they have a button that says something like "apply this to my phone." Click that.
7. As soon as you do this, the 3G tag appears on the upper right hand corner of your palm pre (I assume it works with the Pixi, too). You can now set up your Palm Profile with your email address and new password and it will go through properly.
Verboud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2012, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
ka1

how do you get the alphabetic characters instead of numbers with DE, etc.?
Old 05/19/2012, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
how do you get the alphabetic characters instead of numbers with DE, etc.?
I assume you are using webOS 1.4.5.x, devmode is provided by a tool from palm to bypass activation google devicetool.jar.

or if you have webosquick install and access to the github you can pull the bypassactivation.patch for webOS 1.4.5.x?

Either way you do not have to be on a carrier to activate a palm profile google impostah.

Assuming you have a WiFi device?
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2012, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verboud View Post
When I bought a new Palm Pre, my steps for activating Page Plus went like this:

1. Open up the phone and write down the MEID # (located in the battery compartment) and S/N # on a separate piece of paper.
2. I went to Activate My Prepaid Phone and clicked on the $10 activation option. I think I had to type in the MEID # with it when purchasing.
3. I turn on the phone and it attempts to activate with Verizon's, but I touch on the bottom part of the screen and am given the option to make an emergency call. I tap that option, but don't place the 911 call. I delete that number and then type in *22890 (remember to do the star button before the 22890).
4. Because I already typed in the MEID # when purchasing it detects the phone that I am using and the service works.

5. The phone isn't working yet, though, because I have to get the palm profile activated before I can use the phone. I then go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/onl...e/minutes.aspx and select the $12 "The 12" feature with page plus wireless. You don't have to always use this plan with page plus, but it does come with 10 MB of data per month which will allow you to get past the palm profile stage.
6. After purchasing that plan on their website they have a button that says something like "apply this to my phone." Click that.
7. As soon as you do this, the 3G tag appears on the upper right hand corner of your palm pre (I assume it works with the Pixi, too). You can now set up your Palm Profile with your email address and new password and it will go through properly.
Quick but important change to this text. I just set up a Pixi today with Page Plus. After dialing the *22890 an automated voice will say it is programming the phone. After that is done, click the "next" button where it attempts to activate via Verizon. Everything will confirm nicely and then go to the Palm Profile page that you can't get past. After going online and purchasing the $12 "The 12" plan option, click the button that is like "Apply this to my phone."

This next step is very important, though. The 3g icon will not instantaneously show up on your Pixi. You need to click on the bottom of your Pixi's phone and click dial emergency # again. Delete the 911 # and dial any random telephone # (Like your old one). You will hear an automated message say something very quickly and then it will dial like normal (remember, you have already applied your "The 12" online to your phone). End this call. NOW the 3g icon will appear and you can set up a new Palm Profile like normal. This is confirmed to work with both a new Pre and Pixi.

Send me a private message (anyone who thinks this process may apply to them) and I can call you up on an alternate phone of yours and talk you through it step by step.
Verboud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/2012, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a Palm Pixi on the Page Plus network, actually several of them. All of ours are Palm Pixi Plus Verizon CDMA versions. Perhaps that is the problem. You need to check if GSM is supported by Page Plus.

What Is the Difference Between GSM and CDMA?

Nate
NateTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2012, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTheGreat View Post
I have a Palm Pixi on the Page Plus network, actually several of them. All of ours are Palm Pixi Plus Verizon CDMA versions. Perhaps that is the problem. You need to check if GSM is supported by Page Plus.

What Is the Difference Between GSM and CDMA?

Nate
Its a cdma palm pixi.
Old 05/30/2012, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verboud View Post
Quick but important change to this text. I just set up a Pixi today with Page Plus. After dialing the *22890 an automated voice will say it is programming the phone. After that is done, click the "next" button where it attempts to activate via Verizon. Everything will confirm nicely and then go to the Palm Profile page that you can't get past. After going online and purchasing the $12 "The 12" plan option, click the button that is like "Apply this to my phone."

This next step is very important, though. The 3g icon will not instantaneously show up on your Pixi. You need to click on the bottom of your Pixi's phone and click dial emergency # again. Delete the 911 # and dial any random telephone # (Like your old one). You will hear an automated message say something very quickly and then it will dial like normal (remember, you have already applied your "The 12" online to your phone). End this call. NOW the 3g icon will appear and you can set up a new Palm Profile like normal. This is confirmed to work with both a new Pre and Pixi.

Send me a private message (anyone who thinks this process may apply to them) and I can call you up on an alternate phone of yours and talk you through it step by step.
K, I will try it. Where is that button that says "apply this to my phone" Do you have a link for that? Ok, it's after the purchasing of the $12 plan. Think I got it, I will try in the next day or two. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05/31/2012, 01:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureabor View Post
I tried the ##devmode# and it says "invalide msl". Can someone please help?

I don't recall having this problem before when I had purchased the pixi plus in the past.
A Pixi Plus is too old to have DEVMODE bypass built in. You will have to use an external software tool. Instructions can be found here:
https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
kwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2012, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

hello i recently purchased a palm pixi for my duaghter to be used to listen to music and it is requires activation when i turn it on is there some way i can by pass it for free withouth any purchase needed. if triad a alot of thing nothing has worked....
Jamie Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0