Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Looking for App that allows me to pickup local FM radio stations. I have a Palm Pixi Plus. Thanks
    TuneIn can pick up local stations as long as they are streaming in a compatible format (i.e. not wma). I think there are some others, but TuneIn is my favorite. Other than that, you can't emulate an FM tuner, it's radio hardware.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Yup... without an FM radio built in you need to stream. I agree with Grabber... Tune-In is my favorite of the apps too. I'll use it on the road with me on long drives to pull in various radio shows.
    Another vote for Tune-In...

I don't blame them (Tune-In)...

I wish my local NOAA would stream as other localities do. At least I got my Marine Handheld for NOAA

All steaming webOSers - check out Doug FM 93.1 out of Detroit. He plays everything!!!
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 05/08/2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    OK not really a proper solution, but you could use the Sony MW-600 for example as BT headset, it has FM built in too

Amazon.com: Sony Ericsson Hi-Fi Bluetooth Stereo Headset with FM Radio: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Tunein is good stuff, many local stations, plus 24x7 Beatles, Rush, Floyd, AC/DC, Mozart, Beethoven, and a lot more...
    uberradio is good also. You have to enter custom feeds manually, but it was able to get some stations that tunein couldn't on my pre...
    I'll have to check that out

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I like both TuneIn and UberRadio. Drawback of UberRadio (as noted above) is that you have to enter feeds manually. Benefit of it is that it has both sleep and alarm functions. I like that!
    UberRadio's sleep function is a neat feature. Looks like I'll be giving TuneIn a try.
    The ads with TuneIn are super annoying. Even after opening the ad I can't get rid of the notification.
    I guess I had never noticed the ads, because I'm just listening to the music, not paying attention to the screen. I use it to play music in the background, not while I'm using the phone/Touchpad. They are certainly big on the phone, but no bigger than any other ads, and it doesn't bother me.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The ads with TuneIn are super annoying. Even after opening the ad I can't get rid of the notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I guess I had never noticed the ads, because I'm just listening to the music, not paying attention to the screen. I use it to play music in the background, not while I'm using the phone/Touchpad. They are certainly big on the phone, but no bigger than any other ads, and it doesn't bother me.
    Ads? What ads? Oh I see them now. Never look at the screen unless I'm slecting a station, so I'm not annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Ads? What ads? Oh I see them now. Never look at the screen unless I'm slecting a station, so I'm not annoyed.
    I guess that it's the flashing that annoys.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I guess that it's the flashing that annoys.
    Guess it might if I was looking at it, guess it's lucky for me that I don't seem to.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Ads? What ads? Oh I see them now. Never look at the screen unless I'm slecting a station...
    Didnt occur to me that some apps are not suited for ads.
    I don't mind the ads myself... I'll happily click one or two every so often just because it helps out the developer who is giving us the app for free. I don't find them too intrusive either. I have my 'favorites' added to the app now and can quickly flip through them. (Old-time radio dramas to keep me awake on long drives are awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't mind the ads myself... I'll happily click one or two every so often just because it helps out the developer who is giving us the app for free. I don't find them too intrusive either. I have my 'favorites' added to the app now and can quickly flip through them. (Old-time radio dramas to keep me awake on long drives are awesome)
    What HelloNNNewman said,
    the ads never bothered me either. Radio dramas ARE awesome
    I wouldn't mind them either, if I could read them and get rid of them. :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast