Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to get themes on the Pixi Plus without using Preware?
    Preware is the best way, and it is nothing to be afraid of. Very easy to install.
    Yea

without preware is very cumbersome and impractical
    it just a matter of replacing the right image files

preware is the best way though. there is also an app on preware named "theme manager"
    very easy to switch around themes
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiimwe.Pixi.Love View Post
    Is it possible to get themes on the Pixi Plus without using Preware?
    Yes... sort of.

1) Download webOS Quick Install on your desktop http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html
    a) start a new folder somewhere where you will put Quick install and any other Pixi items - they frequently must find each other in the same folder...

2) Your computer may need novacom drivers.Install them first: Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

3) Make sure you have the latest Java on your desktop Verify Java Version The site will prompt you to update/install if needed

4) Put your phone in Developer Mod... at the main screen type webos20090606 to access Dev mode. An icon for "Developer Mode Enable" will appear after the search string is input. Tap it and move the switch to "on"

5) Plug your Pixi into the USB of your computer and select the "Just Charge" option (it will most likely require waiting for drivers to install... only takes a moment)

6) Double click on the webOS Quick Install.jar It will find your phone when in developer mode and detect your hardware and software version.

7) There is a + and - icon on the right of the QI window... Below that is a Globe with arrows circling... Click on the Globe icon and it will load all the preware feeds and you can select from those what to install.

8) Click the themes tab and select which one to install...

9) Remember that you should uninstall one theme before installing another - getting a theme fully installed requires a Luna Restart

10) Don't forget to exit developer mode... at the just type prompt enter webos20090606 again, and turn the switch to off in the dev mode app

Effectively you are using Preware without it being on your phone...

If you have set up your webOS Doctor you should have novacom and java installed already...

If you don't have a Doctor set up, please do so before proceeding. The Doctor should be in the same folder with all your other pixi stuff. Here's the Doctor page from Internals: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

It's vital you have the right Doctor on hand in case anything goes wrong with your phone during the above.

Long way around, but I hope the info helps.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    xandros9 likes this.
    LOL and I'm back to plug the Light Blue Tux Theme. (NOT mine - I just like it. )

BTW - when you are in webOS Quick Installer and looking through what is offered - be sure to check out Jason Robitaille's MANY, USEFUL Patches. I installed several and they really make life with webOS so much more convenient and intuitive...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee