webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Preware on Pixi Plus?
Preware on Pixi Plus?

Old 04/29/2012, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Can you get Preware on the pixi plus? If so, how?? Help me please, i appreciate the input.
Asiimwe.Pixi.Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2012, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Welcome to webOS Nation! The link above will tell you how to install Preware on your Pixi Plus, just skip down to the section, that I've quoted below, and click on the links for the downloads.

Quote:
Installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install

You can use version 4.1.1 or later of WebOS Quick Install to install Preware on any device easily and quickly, without the need to download a big 200MB SDK and webOSDoctor.

Latest Version of WebOS Quick Install available here: WebOS Quick Install v4.4.0

For a step-by-step tutorial and interactive problem troubleshooting, the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide is highly recommended
Install the required Software
Click here to verify that you have the latest java installed on your computer and update if needed
Click Here to download the current version of WebOS Quick Install
Put your device in Developer Mode
Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, and select "Just Charge" or "Cancel" (on a Touchpad). Do not select USB Drive.
Run WebOS Quick Install. If the novacom driver is not installed, WebOS Quick Install will download and install that for you.
Do not believe any guide that says you need to download the SDK or webOSDoctor for WOSQI to run. The most you'll download is the novacom driver, which is only 11MB on Windows, and will be done via WOSQI.
If you are installing on a Veer, you will need to reboot the phone at this point or WOSQI will not recognize it. Hold the On/Off button down for about five seconds and release it. Select "Power" then select "Restart".
Click the third button on the right (the globe icon)
Select the Applications tab at the top
Search for Preware
Click Install.
Old 12/04/2012, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have done all that was stated in the threads and with the software instructions, I am running windows 7 and when I get to the novacom driver the software says that I have no divice connected, but in reality I do, the pixi is in charge mode and novacom fails then shuts the program down, I would love to get this to work so I dont have to wonder around in the android market again with some droid model I just will get sick of, well there is allways apple.
any HELP is a true christmass present.
k1zxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1zxx View Post
I have done all that was stated in the threads and with the software instructions, I am running windows 7 and when I get to the novacom driver the software says that I have no divice connected, but in reality I do, the pixi is in charge mode and novacom fails then shuts the program down, I would love to get this to work so I dont have to wonder around in the android market again with some droid model I just will get sick of, well there is allways apple.
Hello,
I'm a bit of newbie. I had the same problem. I found this site where the Novacom drivers could be downloaded and installed. It is a short download rather than the long WebOS doctor download which I did not see instructions on how to run. At any rate this solved the problem. Good luck.

universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

mld100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1zxx View Post
Did you enable Developer Mode?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

It worked it worked it worked thanks everyone who helped the novacom downloader worked yahoooooooooooo
k1zxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 06:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

i am trying to install preware, too and it works just fine until i hit install, it just keeps installing for ages and won't stop on his own.
i had to force quit it ...
same with other apps like mojowhatsup.
i am using a mac.
what am i doing wrong, i am out of ideas ....
munapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm a fan of the commandline install method (follow it in the link above). Since you have a Mac, have your phone connected via USB on 'Just Charge.' Open up Terminal and type 'novaterm' (just the word only, no quotes). Then type the commands in as shown on the Wiki page. Above all, make sure your device has internet access, whether cellular or WiFi. If you don't have The Palm SDK installed, go ahead and do so, otherwise you won't have the novaterm package.
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

thx a lot, it worked
munapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

facebook for palm pixxi plus.. i have preaware and webos 4.5
SirVic Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2013, 02:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVic Toledo View Post
facebook for palm pixxi plus.. i have preaware and webos 4.5
What about it? Facebook isn't even in Preware, it's available via the stock application catalog. If your preware installation issue is due to novacom, open up the webos-doctor in an archive manager and look around for the novacom installation files or visit Welcome to HP webOS open source compliance to obtain the drivers for your platform. Or install the SDK/PDK for your platform.
Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
Shadowflank is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0