1.    #1  
    my friend gave me her palm pixi plus when she got a new droid. I already have a phone in contract with verizon (it's not a smartphone) and my parents are unwilling to pay for a data plan. I want to use this phone on wifi only. I've been reading about bypassing activation (my friend returned it to factory settings or whatever before she gave it to me. you turn it on and it goes to this:
    ) all day and have NO idea what I'm doing.
    I'm not a computer techy person, I can use our mac and can figure out most smartphones pretty quickly. I don't understand all the tech lingo and need everything super simplified.
    I'm using a mac running on Mac OS X 10.5.8. the phone is currently in recovery mode. I've been trying to follow this page's instructions: http://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-1-x
    I've downloaded Palm webOS SDK, and downloaded the devicetool.jar 3 times and have yet to make it work. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The Java JAR file "devicetool.jar" could not be launched. Check the console for possible error messages." so I did a spotlight search for "console," found it, and all i saw was a bunch of text i did not understand at ALL.
    So I'm not sure how to make the devicetool.jar file work, and have NO idea what this means:

"Once in recovery mode, run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: "java -jar devicetool.jar". (for example, to access the command line on a Windows PC, press the "Start" button, choose "Run" and type "cmd". Navigate to the directory you saved the bypass tool.)"

I don't know what a command line is or how to issue a command on one. And it has no further instructions for Mac users.
    I'm so lost and just want to access this phone on wifi!! Any help is greatly appreciated! and please excuse my ignorance in regards to computer techy shtuff.
    I'm not tech either but it appears to me that you're already past activation with the screenshot you're showing, just create a new palm profile, it will walk you through it.

The instructions found on kittywireless are good, you are at step 14 I'd say...

Kitty's Palm Pixi Plus Information

Update - sorry for the bad info, I tried this on one of my spare Pixi phones and it does want to be active on a network. I think what I would do is just activate the phone, and then let it lapse.
    Last edited by mowgie; 04/29/2012 at 01:00 PM.
    just create a new profile will do.