Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Im running the 21x font patch for text messages'. I saw were some buddy said its easy to chang it to 24 wich is what i need for my older eyes. Any help in the matter would be great.Im using the palm pixi plus if that matters. Thx .
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    Im running the 21x font patch for text messages'. I saw were some buddy said its easy to chang it to 24 wich is what i need for my older eyes. Any help in the matter would be great.Im using the palm pixi plus if that matters. Thx .
    Which Pixi Plus do you have? There is some chance that the attached Pre 3 patch would work (no problem trying it), otherwise I will do a Pixi Plus one when I know your version.

    For those with a 2.2.4 Pre 3, A 24px patch is attached (thanks to fritos1406 for the original)

    EDIT: It would seem that the patch is probably suitable for use from webOS 1.4.5.1 to 2.2.4.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 04/19/2012 at 01:15 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Hello.thx so much for any help. its a verzion palm pixi plus running current webos os 1.4.5.1....i removed the 21 patch and installed yours.. but i saw no change in size. ill try any thing u think may work. again thank u so much.even 25 or 26 would be great... is there also a way to make fonts big as u type them in the bottom area as well as when i read them after i recive and open them .?.thx.hope im makin sense.
    Last edited by CaptKicass; 04/19/2012 at 01:11 AM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    Hello.thx so much for any help. its a verzion palm pixi plus running current webos os 1.4.5.1....i removed the 21 patch and installed yours.. but i saw no change in size. ill try any thing u think may work. again thank u so much.even 25 or 26 would br great... is there also a way to make them big as u type them as well as when i read them after i recive them.?.thx.hope im makin sense.
    The fact that no errors occurred when you installed the patch implies that the 1.4.5.1 messages.css is the same as the 2.2.4 one and the patch is probably suitable for everything from 1.4.5.1 to 2.2.4. 21px to 24px is probably not very much of a difference.

    If you have a look at the patch file with a suitable text editor (eg Notepad+) you will see the line
    + font-size: 24px;
    You can edit the 24 to whatever you want and then reload the patch.

    I will have a look to see if I can see where the compose message font-size css is.

    EDIT: Sorry can't see an easy way to increase the size of the compose font. That's not to say that there isn't a way.
    Last edited by johncc; 04/19/2012 at 05:38 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Hello again. so i used web doctor 3 times.i looked at messages'with no patch then installed the 21 patch,bigger.wiped clean then installed the 24 patch...bigger.for a test i installed the 24 patch well leaving the 21 patch installed and got a hunk error.ran web doctor then installed the 24 patch again by it self and got no errors. also had some look at it who has seen it with 21 and stock fonts.She said with out question the 24 patch is bigger.Thx for all ur help.looks what im after is a 26..eyes are fine for evey thing but up close..hittin 50 its all down hill.lol thx for all your help.ill keep a eye on this incase u find away to do 26.one last question...how do i get to the "patch file area" to try and switch the font command line.thx
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    ...how do i get to the "patch file area" to try and switch the font command line.thx
    You need to uninstall the previous patch before installing the new one.

    Not sure exactly what you mean, but to download the patch file linked above, just right click and save as. Then use WOSQI to install it.

    Attached is a 26px version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    im gonna wipe it clean with web doc now and start fresh..i dont want any trace of any other patch.as for what i meant in reguards to patch file area,... i thought it was easy to just change a number from 24 to 26.i was gettin in over my head.lol. i cant say thank u enuff. ill report back in a bit.thx buddy.
    Last edited by CaptKicass; 04/19/2012 at 05:20 PM.
  8.    #8  
    i installed it,it worked.i hate to ask this one last time,but now that i see the 26,32 is what will work for my eyes.I promise i wont ask again.I was able to test fonts on the iphone wich i didnt relize.it uses numbers to select font size.either way thanks so much.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    im gonna wipe it clean with web doc now and start fresh..i dont want any trace of any other patch.as for what i meant in reguards to patch file area,... i thought it was easy to just change a number from 24 to 26.i was gettin in over my head.lol. i cant say thank u enuff. ill report back in a bit.thx buddy.
    Ah! There is no 'patch area'. The patchable webOS programs are script/text files. Patches are themselves text files which identify the position of the changes and provide the alternative text to insert. It IS 'just as easy as changing a number from 24 to 26'. I'll upload a 32px version once I crank up my PC.
  10.    #10  
    thanks.its 8 52 pm in rochester ny..wer u at if i may ask? .I cant belive im be able to keep this phone.a small phone with large fonts isnt easy to come by.even the stock droids are like 15x.thx.
  11.    #11  
    I found this after doing what u said. wich one should i change to 32? thx

    font-size: 18px;
    +


    font-size: 26px;
  12. #12  
    I'm in Adelaide, Australia. 10:44am atm

    The line prefixed with - is the one that will be replaced with the one prefixed with +. Thus you need to change the 26 to 32.
    Last edited by johncc; 04/19/2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Only one - or + prefix
  13.    #13  
    I DID IT....U DA MAN.IT MATCHES HER IPHONE,LOL..THX BUDDY...gota be away to change that compose box...lol it never ends.
  14. #14  
    To any CSS experts reading: The text message composition is done in a Mojo TextField, which has a CSS class defined in messages.css, but adding a font-size parameter doesn't have any effect. Any suggestions?
  15.    #15  
    i have no clue what u just asked above, but ill be chkin in many times a day..this is amazing....thx
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    I DID IT....U DA MAN.IT MATCHES HER IPHONE,LOL..THX BUDDY...gota be away to change that compose box...lol it never ends.
    Congratulations! :-) No stopping you now.
  17.    #17  
    up to 50x insane,lol. were do i get script/text files for other things like contact size and items like that?thx
  18. #18  
    Okay! With a bit of trial and error, I now have both the compose and chat enlarged. If you want other sizes just change the 2 font-size values. It is probably a good candidate for inclusion in Tweaks if it all works properly.

    26 and 32px versions attached. (Uninstall prior versions before installing.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 04/20/2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: updated .patch files - comments
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    up to 50x insane,lol. were do i get script/text files for other things like contact size and items like that?thx
    LOL. You have a bit of learning to do about CSS and the structure of webOS applications. Once again the font-sizes can probably be changed in the .css files in the stylesheets folder of the appropriate application.

    Internalz Pro is a useful tool to look into the program files on the device.

    Good luck with it.
  20.    #20  
    hi. wich one do i change to 50 for reading..and wich one do i change for compose?

    font-size: 18px;
    +

    font-size: 32px;

    #messageContainer textarea {
    - height: 24px;
    + font-size: 32px;
    }
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions